Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2006, 12:38 PM

Default .5/1 QQ hand

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Since it was HU I didn't 3 bet so I could pop the flop.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Standard?
Old 01-29-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: .5/1 QQ hand

Looks ok as a "sometimes" play. I think your default should be to cap preflop with QQ+. Depending on your read of MP2, if I was making this play I might even wait and pop the turn instead. I hope the coordinated board didn't scare his AA/KK...I really hope he didn't have TT (given that we've just been talking about 3-betting TT preflop!).
Old 01-29-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? It looks like it was 3 bet preflop. I think you should have capped it and led the flop, turn, and river. Overcards/pairs are gonna call. AK-AJ might be showing this hand down.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:36 PM

Pretty standard.

Alternative stylings include capping preflop and betting out the flop, or waiting for the turn to raise. With this board I like to get the bets in early, so I play it the same.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:20 PM

Cap preflop.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:27 PM

Pre-Flop you have to cap this. Even with no reads we have to
cap here. The rest of the way you did the best you can.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:39 PM

Maybe cap preflop. Depends really what MP2 reraises with.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:48 PM

Cap this PF

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make much sense to me (and I'm assuming you meant cap). Why wait to pop it on the flop? The cost to him is the same and you are losing opportunities to make $$.

What if he held AA or KK and a Q hit the flop. If you capped PF, you'd most likely get a chance to 3-bet the villian when he c/r's you on the flop.

What if an A or K hits, the flop after you just call the 3-bet PF? Do you still feel you can pop it?

You lose info by not capping IMO. This info is also not at a cost to you since you'll be getting this info and still usually having the best of it.

If he did have AK, AQs, JJ, or TT here and the flop came like it did after you cap. He most likely check/calls or c/r's you (JJ or TT). If he c/c, then the pot is exactly the same. If he c/r's, you can 3-bet, or call looking to raise the turn. Even if you get weak and only call down, you still win more this way.

Capping here IMO is the best action PF as it gives you the best opportunities to make the most out of your assumed large equity.