Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 01:36 PM

Default Re: QQ on flop J44

On the flop your probably against 2 pair or trip 4s. At this point Im not 3 betting this. Your really not getting odds to call this. This hand is a good example of you getting lucky. Its hard to fold the primo hands but sometimes you have to.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:41 PM

UTG likes his hand when he comes back on the turn. This with the 54% suggests he could have a 4, but I am still calling down here as he might be playing this way with a Jack or flush draw. Nice river!
Old 01-22-2006, 02:15 PM

Yes, I sure was lucky, the villain had J4 [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2006, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your really not getting odds to call this. This hand is a good example of you getting lucky. Its hard to fold the primo hands but sometimes you have to.

[/ QUOTE ]

?????? What are you saying here??????

Do you fold to the flop raise or the turn bet?

UTG's most likey hand is a Jack or possibly a medium pair. To assume trip fours is MUTB. Especially since he didn't cap the flop. You do realise that Hero beats almost all possible two-pairs.

I'd show some caution to the stop and go thou and play the hand the same way Hero did.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:02 PM

The flop 3-bet looks like a little bit of spew to me. Could you have been "raising to find out where you're at?"

The BB could have been bluffing on the flop bet, but what are the odds that UTG was? I suspect you are probably behind on the flop, but you may not be. Since it's possible that BB had a Jack and UTG is raising for a free card on a flush draw, I'm going to call the flop and see what happens next as I'm not totally convinced I'm beaten at this point.

Turn: This is a tough one for me personally, because I hate calling down like this (I always feel like a calling station). I"m pretty sure you're beaten, but again, BB could have been bluffing the flop, and UTG may only have a Jack, so I'm not quitting yet....agree w/ the call.

River: Woot.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG was VP$IP 54%/PFR 0 (10 hands), BB just joined game.
Would you have done something differently?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (10.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

this is fine.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:34 PM

Yeah, I like how this hand was played.