Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 03:52 AM

Default Bizarre pf spot vs Colson

I was recently moved to colson's table and he has lots of chips (probably like 25kish at 100/200/25). We've only played one pot together where he defended vs my button open. Then he check called a Q high flop, turn went check check and he check called the A river with QJ. I mucked.

On to the hand. I've been opening a lot of pots and open KTo utg to 600 with about 9000 behind. Colson two to my left thinks a bit, looks at my stack and calls. If I had to guess I think he was considering reraising more than he was considering folding, but that's far from 100%. Anyways, folds to the big blind who pushes for 1625 total and I???
Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Re: Bizarre pf spot vs Colson

I'd just drop it, Carl is calling for sure, and you might be able to iso but I don't think the risk is worth it.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:57 AM

Is this really that bizzare? Isn't it a reshove all day? Even if he was considering a reraise, he's still folding just about everything he has here...I think.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this really that bizzare? Isn't it a reshove all day? Even if he was considering a reraise, he's still folding just about everything he has here...I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he though? He knows I'm isoing pretty wide, is he really folding like TT or AQ or something?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just drop it, Carl is calling for sure, and you might be able to iso but I don't think the risk is worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta agree with Nath here. Stacks feel very awkward and he's one of the few players in the tournament who will know your iso'ing a much wider range and therefore give you considerably less folds.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:11 AM

I fold .
Old 06-08-2007, 04:12 AM

yeah I folded but it felt really gross at the time
Old 06-08-2007, 04:22 AM

Ahhhhhhhh I tried to reply 4 times and all my replies sound really wack. The more I think about the hand, the less sure I am about what to do. I still think he's folding almost everything he has here. Even if he knows we're shoving a wide range it's still a tough call to make with TTish and I definitely think he folds AQ.

BTW, what tourney is this? If it's the 6-max I think it's a fold since your range is obviously much wider but if it's 10-handed I still think Carl will give you credit for something big. Sure you've been opening a lot but you haven't shown anything too out of line, right?

Bleh.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhhhhhhh I tried to reply 4 times and all my replies sound really wack. The more I think about the hand, the less sure I am about what to do. I still think he's folding almost everything he has here. Even if he knows we're shoving a wide range it's still a tough call to make with TTish and I definitely think he folds AQ.

BTW, what tourney is this? If it's the 6-max I think it's a fold since your range is obviously much wider but if it's 10-handed I still think Carl will give you credit for something big. Sure you've been opening a lot but you haven't shown anything too out of line, right?

Bleh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain its the 6max. I hope he isn't opening KTo utg at 10max.

As to the hand, I fold, 2 reasons.
1. Colson knows the bb is v short and you would iso over his shove pretty easily and could easily have a big hand and will overall just stare into your soul and outplay you.
2. With no reads on teh bb, he can still have no clue and not be squeezing very light (or as light as he "should" be.)
Old 06-08-2007, 04:39 AM

I dunno what to do, I'm sure folding is ok?