Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Daniel parodies the Ivey vs. Vaswani/et. all golf \"hustle\"

[ QUOTE ]
I find it amazing that they would take Lindgrens word for it regarding Ivey's game. If I was going to play Phil Ivey for that much money in anything I'm pretty sure I'd take every precaution to make sure I wasn't getting hustled.

Hmm, they wagered a ton of money against one of the most competitive people on the planet, and a professional gambler at that. And they got hustled? Well [censored], I could have never seen that coming.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-12-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Daniel parodies the Ivey vs. Vaswani/et. all golf \"hustle\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to belive that Phil birdied or even made par on that many holes. He looks terrible in all the footage I have ever seen and find it hard to believe he has improved that dramatically. He always looks so damn uncoordinated and goofy. Basically, I just find it hard to believe he is that big a threat on the golf course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have there been a lot of shots of Ivey playing golf on TV? I remember the one with him, RWIII, and Howard but that's about it. That was 2 1/2 - 3 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right but he couldn't even hit the ball correctly then and now he's birdying shots? No way. It takes YEARS to get to that level. Plus, you need some physical gifts to be able to drive the ball and putt well also. I just find it very hard to believe. Which I guess would be part of the hustle on Phils part. Who knows..

[/ QUOTE ]

1. It's Phil Ivey

2. He apparently hired one of the top golf instructors in the world.

I'd say that makes it possible for him to get better pretty quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

His swing is actually still pretty ugly. It was showcased in a quick segment on the Aussie Millions cash tv show.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can improve very quickly in golf. I went from never having played, to mid-80s in 2 years, as a teenager, never playing more than 30-40 rounds a year. No lessons either, just practice [tons of chipping]. I'm sure Phil's played more and gotten a good coach.

Ivey's swing is >>> Furyk's. Guy looks like he's trying to tee off in a phone booth on every swing.

...and a hot putter can shave 7-8 strokes off your round when you're running good.