Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

View Poll Results: My main objection to christianity is:
The evidence points against it 10 47.62%
I haven't studied the evidence, but isn't it obvious? 2 9.52%
I don't want to be held accountable for my so-called sins 1 4.76%
God might exist, but I refuse to believe that. 0 0%
None of the above. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Official Nick Rainey thread

I like the second one as long as you change it to Patrik Antonius.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:49 PM

SS,

"Patrick" ?

I cancel my order.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 PM

What are you talking about?

In other PA related news, it was reported in STTF that a stripper at the Rhino was quoted as saying, "He's not THAT good looking."
Old 06-07-2007, 03:55 PM

SS,

His name is Patrik.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SS,

His name is Patrik.

[/ QUOTE ]
El D-
Refresh
Old 06-07-2007, 03:59 PM

I'd like "And you don't" on the backs of the shirts. Then I'd go for one.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:43 PM

NICK, which pro is using the bacina account now?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:20 AM

Trip Report: Nick Rainey

"You must be a two-plus-two'er." - Nick Rainey

I sure am!

Last night after busting from the $3k event at Bellagio, I signed up for the $1k 2nd chance along with Thayer, Vivek (psyduck), and Scott (mastr). I showed up about 2 minutes late to my table and had an athletic looking (but out of shape), scruffy faced young guy on my immediate right. At first it seemed like he had a bit of an accent and I thought he might be some scandi clown, but he was wearing some sort of track suit that no self-respecting euro-trash would be caught dead in.

It was quickly apparent that this guy was going to be one of the most obnoxious people I've ever played with. Moment 1 came a few minutes after I sat down. 2+2er Todd Terry raised to 125 and the guy on my right calls from the sb. I fold my BB. The board comes something like Kh Jh 2x 3x 6x and is checked on the flop and turn. On the river, Nick bets 50 and Todd Terry shoves for 4k. At this point, our hero in the SB exposes the 4c, and several people at the table say "whoa whoa" and the dealer kills his hand. The hero protests this ruling, saying that this is commonplace and is allowed anywhere (lol?), but eventually relents, not before muttering "you're all a bunch of pussies" under his breath. Since he exposed 1 card, the dealer had to expose his other card, the 6c.

Then I start to notice that he will occasionally toss someone a 100 chip, asking for change, despite having a quite large stack of 25's. At one point, he asked a guy for change when the guy only had 5 25 chips to being with.

By then start of the 3rd level, I was able to put a few clues together and realize I was sitting next to the notorious Nick Rainey. What an honor!

Eventually we got to the 100/200 25 level, and Nick's insistance on collecting every 25 chip on the table got on my nerves. Every hand for the first orbit or so of the level, he would put out a 100 chip instead of a 25 in an effort to get even more. By this point, he had ~60 ante chips, while most had 0-3. This began to drasitcally slow the game down, as the dealer had to start making change for everyone else while giving Nick even more of the ante chips. I got sick of this and asked him "is it really necessary for you to slow the game down like this" or something along those lines and he immediately replied with a smug response of "You must be a two-plus-two'er." I was planning on calling the floor over to complain, but he stopped after I said something.

He also had the wildly obnoxious habit of looking at his cards from every possible angle, usually taking up even more time, before announcing "FOLD" while continuing to find more interesting angles to view his cards, before actually tossing them into the muck.

In addition to doing everything in his power to slow the game down, Nick is a pretty poor tournament player (although he's probably break even or a slight winner, since he's not "clueless tourist bad"). He's a big fan of the "open shove the flop into several people for several times the pot size" move. He also seemed to be getting frustrated with me, as I continuously beat him in pots, starting with an A-high 3 barrel call down I made in a blind vs blind spot in the 100/200 level. In another blind vs blind spot that was checked down, we chopped a pot when my J6 and his J3 both had Jxxxx. He exclaimed "I may never beat you in a pot." He also protested that the dealer gave me 4 100 chips and 4 25 chips while Nick only got 5 100 chips. The dealer said "I think you have enough of those already."

Alas, I wasn't meant to beat Nick in every pot we played together. In the 200/400 50 level, I was UTG and looked down at AA. The SB was all in for 75 chips after having lost a huge pot on the previous hand, and Nick was in the BB. I raised to 1050, which had been my standard raise during the level, with about 15k behind. There were two folds, and then the next player to act shoved in for about 1700 total. It then folded around to Nick, who once again went into his "look at the cards from 92394 different angles" before he put his hands behind his physically large but only 10kish stack and pushed them over the line. I snap called obv, but was crippled by his 99 when the board came K98 9 x. I busted a few orbits later shoving into Todd Terry's JJ.

I was steamed so I bought a few beers at the gift shop and went up to Aaron Been and Clayton's room to cool off. After about an hour and a half, I went back downstairs to check on the progress of some people I knew in the 3k event, and saw Nick was down to the final two tables of the 1k. He had what looked to be one of the largest physical chip stacks I'd ever seen, comprised mostly of 100's, which were the current ante (2nd to that kid who busted strassa in the 06 WSOP ME and Imper1um's stack in the 1k rebuy). I'm assuming that after I busted he went back to his old habits and was placing a 500 out as his ante every hand instead of a 100, or he had began buying all the ante chips with a 1k once the dealer collected them all. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he took down the tournament unchopped for $40k, since there's no such thing as justice in poker.

Oddly enough, Melissa Hayden, Allen Cunningham's girlfriend that Nick asked about earlier in this thead, saying "Is that chick he is with for real? Thats a bad beat for Allen." exhibited the same annoying habit when I played with her recently.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:39 AM

Wow that's actually pretty impressive, I mean you have to really make an effort to be that big of a tool.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the river, Nick bets 50 and Todd Terry shoves for 4k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice raise, sir. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]