Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Sean Combs: very smart or the luckiest guy worth 350m on the plane

very smart entrepreneur
Old 03-11-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Sean Combs: very smart or the luckiest guy worth 350m on the planet?

[ QUOTE ]
and pretty much blows up from hear.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was trying to decide if you were being poetic, but then I realized you can't spell
Old 03-12-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Sean Combs: very smart or the luckiest guy worth 350m on the planet?

I saw that biography a while back. I thought he was an idito before but it really turned my view of him around. The way he got started really impressed me. He worked his ass off and made his own opportunities. He may have gotten lucky with some of those finds, but even without them he would definitely be something.

I also remember hearing on some entertainment channel that he regularly calls up rising stars and becomes good friends with them which I thought was really cool.

There is no doubt he is a giant douche. In the bio, after his first big discover Mary J Blige he got fired not because of some mistake, but because he was a giant douche. He would walk in late to meetings and put his feet on the table acting like he was "the man".

I also remember a documentary or show where he was watching his entourage with tons of cameras and ran outside to yell at one of them for smoking a cigarette.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:46 AM

i'm not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet but:

every artist that puffy has ever signed has either not been successful, or been successful and then either left his company soon after, or died.

his track record with artists is really not that strong. i guess most of his money has come from his clothing line and the fact that he owns all of biggie's material. and i suppose that he owns the publishing of a lot of semi-popular artists who are not signed to him anymore.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 AM

had no money, self made, black and entrepeneur = deserves mad respect as a businessman, but as a human being that is another story.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
had no money, self made, black and entrepeneur = deserves mad respect as a businessman, but as a human being that is another story.

[/ QUOTE ]

The black part is the most impressive of all!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The black part is the most impressive of all!

[/ QUOTE ]
I mentioned his skin color because it takes a greater amount of effort/luck/skill for a black entrepeneur vs a white entrepeneur. Blacks don't have the same opportunities and bla bla bla you know the rest. It makes it all more impressive what he has done.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw that biography a while back. I thought he was an idito before but it really turned my view of him around. The way he got started really impressed me. He worked his ass off and made his own opportunities. He may have gotten lucky with some of those finds, but even without them he would definitely be something.

I also remember hearing on some entertainment channel that he regularly calls up rising stars and becomes good friends with them which I thought was really cool.

There is no doubt he is a giant douche. In the bio, after his first big discover Mary J Blige he got fired not because of some mistake, but because he was a giant douche. He would walk in late to meetings and put his feet on the table acting like he was "the man".

I also remember a documentary or show where he was watching his entourage with tons of cameras and ran outside to yell at one of them for smoking a cigarette.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm, isn't this behavior 100% on par with all other rap producers and exec's??? im just not understanding why so many people are calling him a douchebag and stuff. his behavior seems very normal for his demographics or culture. maybe you have a problem with rap music or something, don't confuse that with calling him a deuchebag imo.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:17 AM

Doing what everybody else does means you're exempt from criticism, or that there's something confusing about you?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doing what everybody else does means you're exempt from criticism, or that there's something confusing about you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not, but rap culture is such a different beast from the normal mainstream business world. Most of the bigshots in the rap game don't have MBA's from top notch business schools or education, instead they learned literally from the streets. So obviously they will conduct business in a different manner, or as some here say douchey.