Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Trip Report - DUI

Klompy -- Yeah, but I think they can extrapolate back. If you get a 0.075 two hours after they bring you in, it's pretty clear evidence you were driving over the legal limit.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Klompy -- Yeah, but I think they can extrapolate back. If you get a 0.075 two hours after they bring you in, it's pretty clear evidence you were driving over the legal limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

They can't prove exactly how fast your body burns the alcohol which gives the lawyer one more thing that he can get you off on.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend spent a lot of money in lawyer fees and went through a lot of hassle, but it was well worth it. He got off.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, this is what pisses me off. In the story you told, the guy was blowing a 0.04 and probably appeared/acted fine. And yet the cop, for whatever reason, was determined to take him down (quotas? being a dick? I have no clue). So it took him a lot of time and money and general hassle to deal with something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

[ QUOTE ]
In other DWI news, Albuquerque now has a guy who drives around at night looking to phone in drunk drivers to the cops. Not sure how I feel about that.

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF. Is this guy some vigilante or actually being paid with your tax dollars?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:15 PM

this is a bad beat man. im sure the diet + alcohol made your bac higher than normal. since this is your first offense, get a good attorney and hopefully get it reduced.

and to everyone saying he got what he deserved that is [censored]. he had a few drinks over a long period of time, who the [censored] has not done that? i know i have many times. of course the speeding is not good under any circumstance. gl tho .
Old 03-07-2007, 07:16 PM

for the love of god. if you had 5 drinks over 5 hours and a cop pulls you over and asks if you have been drinking, lie. say no. jesus.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

However, I know in my heart of hearts that I didn't "endanger" anyone.

BTW... for all of those that are taking the moral high ground... look in the mirror the next time you go 66mph and remember... you could have killed someone because you were operating a vehicle over the magic number of 65mph.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes I'm serious... how is 0.07 vs 0.08 ANY different thatn 65 mph vs 68mph???

I'm one of those few hardcore libertarians who don't like DUI laws at all. BB didn't hurt anyone and there's no evidence he endangered anyone. He was just a riskier driver than usual ZOMG so are old ladies and 16 year old boys.

But that's beside the point here.

Anyway, hire a good DUI lawyer, admit nothing. I don't recommend pleading out, because then you still have a criminal record. Get it tossed completely. The money for the lawyer will be well spent.

Next time you get pulled and you've been drinking, don't do anything. Even a 1-year suspended license is better than a DUI conviction.

5 gin and tonics over a few hours does not result in someone endangering people on the roads. Sorry. A person driving on 3 hours of sleep is much more dangerous.

Fight it. There is a reason the burden of proof is on the state. Go to your arraignment and try to plea it down. Show up to court with a lawyer if you don't get a plea.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for the love of god. if you had 5 drinks over 5 hours and a cop pulls you over and asks if you have been drinking, lie. say no. jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad of course... but this illustrates how good I felt I was to drive. If I felt the least bit dissabled... i would have been chewing gum... going exactly 65... and lied my ass off about having had a drink.

I thought I was totally on the up and up and that I was going to be cool.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For an entertaining (and scary!) read, check this out.

http://www.drunkard.com/issues/08_02...hting_madd.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting article. I didn't realize that madd is getting really slanted towards total prohibition. It starts to answer something I've always wondered about, which is why so little of the anti-drunk driving effort is focused on alternate transportation. In some towns, you'll see a bar in the middle of nowhere with a big parking lot. There's nothing to do at the bar but drink, there's no bus lines that go by it, and the town has very few cabs. Taxpayer dollars go towards surrounding us with the "Don't drink and drive! No driving after even one beer!" message, but meanwhile no one is offering any alternatives.