Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Clock ruling at the Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the floor should make it quite clear that you have a clock on you. Bellagio's floors definitely do a poor job of explaining things when they make decisions. I'm not saying all their floors suck, but there is not much of a culture of explaining/clarifying/making sure everyone is happy and comfortable amongst their staff. They really drop the ball when it comes to making new players feel comfortable (floors and dealers alike miserably fail at this at bellagio). Although the floor perhaps didn't make it very clear about the clock, and the dealer didn't announce the all-in very well (or at all?), I still have zero sympathy for op on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

zero sympathy????? jesus man. calm down. The dealer, the floor, AND the villain all contributed to this mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to tell how much the dealer, floor, and villain contributed. The only account we have is from someone that covered his eyes so he couldn't see the dealer or floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so now you wanna give your own version of this and call OP a liar? WTF? I am just responding based on the info given. Are you privy to a more authoritative account?

I think it's pretty clear from villain's account that he saw everything except didn't look villain or anyone else in the face. No one addressed him at ANY point in the hand, so it's not like he ignored anyone. You can't just kill someone's hand like this. Villain is a POS for allowing this to happen. The woman who called the clock is also a scumsucker.

Are you just in a bad mood or are you actually this sour?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really get how you blame the floor. Floor walks over and says Okay you have 1 minute. that is pretty much telling the player he is on the clock, are you suggesting that the floor needs to grab the player shake him and scream you have 1 minute.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the floor should make it quite clear that you have a clock on you. Bellagio's floors definitely do a poor job of explaining things when they make decisions. I'm not saying all their floors suck, but there is not much of a culture of explaining/clarifying/making sure everyone is happy and comfortable amongst their staff. They really drop the ball when it comes to making new players feel comfortable (floors and dealers alike miserably fail at this at bellagio). Although the floor perhaps didn't make it very clear about the clock, and the dealer didn't announce the all-in very well (or at all?), I still have zero sympathy for op on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

zero sympathy????? jesus man. calm down. The dealer, the floor, AND the villain all contributed to this mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to tell how much the dealer, floor, and villain contributed. The only account we have is from someone that covered his eyes so he couldn't see the dealer or floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so now you wanna give your own version of this and call OP a liar? WTF? I am just responding based on the info given. Are you privy to a more authoritative account?

I think it's pretty clear from villain's account that he saw everything except didn't look villain or anyone else in the face. No one addressed him at ANY point in the hand, so it's not like he ignored anyone. You can't just kill someone's hand like this. Villain is a POS for allowing this to happen. The woman who called the clock is also a scumsucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure the floor did address him. The floor came over and told him he had 60 seconds to act. Most likely the floor was looking right at him when he said it. What further action would you like the floor to take? It is pretty common for a player that has the clock on him to ignore the floor. About every time I have seen a player decide to fold they allow the clock to count down without comment rather than actually folding.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you must not know how to read very well.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's pretty clear from villain's [i'm gonna assume you meant HERO's] account that he saw everything except didn't look villain or anyone else in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]
o rly? from op's own authoritative account:

"The floorman comes over, stands behind the dealer. he asks who the clock is on. The dealer makes a motion that I don't see because I'm still staring down like a statue at the felt."

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
pot, meet kettle: "Villain is a POS. The woman who called the clock is also a scumsucker."
Old 10-27-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you must not know how to read very well.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's pretty clear from villain's account that he saw everything except didn't look villain or anyone else in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]
o rly? from op's own authoritative account:

"The floorman comes over, stands behind the dealer. he asks who the clock is on. The dealer makes a motion that I don't see because I'm still staring down like a statue at the felt."

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
pot, meet kettle: "Villain is a POS. The woman who called the clock is also a scumsucker."

[/ QUOTE ]

are you calling me a POS scumsucker???
Old 10-27-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
again, you must not know how to read very well.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
again, you must not know how to read very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

pot, meet kettle is a way of saying "you are what you are calling these people"

So how am I supposed to read it?

Also, your sarcasm just makes you seem hostile and insecure. I am on 2p2 to share info and viewpoints, on hands, and other topics, not to try to constantly one up other people. If your goal is different than mine, maybe you belong on my ignore list.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:51 AM

hostile and insecure are good words to describe your post in response to RR. read it again: you accuse him of calling op a liar, assert that he is either in a bad mood or always sour, and call two players who seemed to have done nothing with malicious intent a pos and a scumsucker.

but to get back on topic, why don't you address the fact that you claim op "saw everything" when he himself said he did not?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2007, 04:06 AM

I'm sorry I posted this thread. Nothing was accomplished except a bunch of people got mad each other and flamed me.

Whether or not you believe my account of the story is irrelevant. I simply wanted some opinions based on the scenerio I presented. I realize that I'm not completely innocent in the situation, but I just wanted to know if anyone thought the fault wasn't 100% mine.

If some of you disagree with me. That's fine. I didn't expect everyone to jump on my side, but there are ways of disagreeing without getting personal.

How about this something like this: I disagree with you. Given what happened, there is nothing the floor can do. You didn't protect the interest in your hand. Sorry man.

If anyone failed to read the "Just kidding" statement after the "you all suck" comment, I'm sorry. I was trying to express how ridiculous it is to get mad at someone because of a post and I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

I'm not going to get personal, although given some of your responses, I would be more than justified. I know this is just a silly message board, but jesus, people. What was it about my post that made you so angry that you actually felt obligated to take the time to write an insulting message to someone you don't know?
Old 10-27-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RR,

I didn't mean to call you sour. That comment was meant to be directed at Al Capone for his useless post.