Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Clock ruling at the Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]

The bolded parts put me on life tilt. I'm having a bad day in general, but this definitly made it worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh n ur from the city of bro <3 2

srry cuz
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The bolded parts put me on life tilt. I'm having a bad day in general, but this definitly made it worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh n ur from the city of bro <3 2
srry cuz

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:21 PM

If the only person that here's the all-in declaration is the dealer...let's say villain whispers "all in," shouldn't the dealer announce the action? Most tables I play at the dealer announces "bet" or "raise" when a player makes such an action. This would prevent such confusion.

I had one situation in a cheap Vegas tournament during which I thought action was on another player (3 handed action). One player had bet, another folded, but I thought he hadn't folded yet. I sat there playing with my chips for a good 2-3 minutes before I realized action was to me. Nobody said anything, guess they thought it was a tough decision (it was an easy fold). I looked up, realized it was my turn, looked at my cards, and mucked. Nobody was the wiser!
Old 10-26-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most tables I play at the dealer announces "bet" or "raise" when a player makes such an action. This would prevent such confusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

As you go up in limits it will become more likely that the players will tell the dealer to STFU if he tries to announce the action.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 PM

I alway announced bet or raise in all games, even high limit ones. However, if the entire table agreed they did not want the action announced I would oblige.

If any player told me to stfu, or decided to rudely tell me to ignore what is clearly standard procedure, they would have very sore nuts in very short order.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:12 PM

isn't it the floor's job to make sure that you are aware there is a clock on you?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:28 AM

Yes, the floor should make it quite clear that you have a clock on you. Bellagio's floors definitely do a poor job of explaining things when they make decisions. I'm not saying all their floors suck, but there is not much of a culture of explaining/clarifying/making sure everyone is happy and comfortable amongst their staff. They really drop the ball when it comes to making new players feel comfortable (floors and dealers alike miserably fail at this at bellagio). Although the floor perhaps didn't make it very clear about the clock, and the dealer didn't announce the all-in very well (or at all?), I still have zero sympathy for op on this one.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the floor should make it quite clear that you have a clock on you. Bellagio's floors definitely do a poor job of explaining things when they make decisions. I'm not saying all their floors suck, but there is not much of a culture of explaining/clarifying/making sure everyone is happy and comfortable amongst their staff. They really drop the ball when it comes to making new players feel comfortable (floors and dealers alike miserably fail at this at bellagio). Although the floor perhaps didn't make it very clear about the clock, and the dealer didn't announce the all-in very well (or at all?), I still have zero sympathy for op on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

zero sympathy????? jesus man. calm down. The dealer, the floor, AND the villain all contributed to this mess.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

zero sympathy????? jesus man. calm down. The dealer, the floor, AND the villain all contributed to this mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to tell how much the dealer, floor, and villain contributed. The only account we have is from someone that covered his eyes so he couldn't see the dealer or floor.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is hard to tell how much the dealer, floor, and villain contributed. The only account we have is from someone that covered his eyes so he couldn't see the dealer or floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so now you wanna give your own version of this and call OP a liar? WTF? I am just responding based on the info given. Are you privy to a more authoritative account?

I think it's pretty clear from villain's account that he saw everything except didn't look villain or anyone else in the face. No one addressed him at ANY point in the hand, so it's not like he ignored anyone. You can't just kill someone's hand like this. Villain is a POS for allowing this to happen. The woman who called the clock is also a scumsucker.

Are you just in a bad mood or are you actually this sour?