Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Hitler And God

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Au Contraire: Edith Stein et al.

From Wiki "the Dutch Bishops' Conference had a public statement read in all the churches of the country on July 20, 1942, condemning Nazi racism. In a retaliatory response on July 26, 1942, the Reichskommissar of the Netherlands, Arthur Seyss-Inquart, ordered the arrest of all Jewish converts, who had previously been spared. Stein and her sister Rosa, also a convert, were captured and shipped to the Auschwitz concentration camp, where they died in the gas chambers on August 9, 1942."

Post Extras

[/ QUOTE ]
Interesting. Hitler killed the jews that didn’t convert, but that’s ok, because they were destined to hell anyway. But he also killed the Jews that newly converted, which is also ok, since newly baptized converts are washed away of their sins and guaranteed a spot in heaven ( at least at the point of their baptism). Seems like Hitler killed two birds with one stone.

[/ QUOTE ]

But no one is predestined for Hell, and no one knows what their or someone else's ultimate destiny will be. That is inexcusable presumption.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have often said that I believe that if there is a God he would be just. Which is why those religions that postulate that God behaves unjustly, by our common sense standards, must be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you believe that god would be just?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What you don't understand is that my statement and yours are basically logically equivalent.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, they aren't. This is exactly what I meant when I said that you don't understand spiritual laws. For the forgiveness of sins, blood must be shed.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the forgiveness of sins, blood must be shed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say no more!
Old 05-16-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the forgiveness of sins, blood must be shed.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's interesting to think of the death penalty in this context.

bible=stoning

US= hanging, lethal injection, gas chamber, electric chair

I think Utah had/has firing squad as an option for the death penalty, probably I think from this biblical concept and the mormon influence.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:46 AM

Wow. Unbelievable. My statement had nothing to do with the death penalty and everything to do with the sacrifice of life required for the redemption of sins. You are misrepresenting what the Bible actually says.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Unbelievable. My statement had nothing to do with the death penalty and everything to do with the sacrifice of life required for the redemption of sins. You are misrepresenting what the Bible actually says.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really making a claim I'm just saying that the old testament says someting along the lines of that you can't be forgiven without the shedding of blood or something, so apparently when you got killed for breaking the law your blood was shed and you paid the penalty to even the books so to speak.
On the other hand in america when the state puts you to death they do it without the shedding of blood so that in death you still owe, kinda like once you are guilty of a crime you are a criminal forever in america, even if you pay your penalty the slate is not wiped clean you are still a dirty criminal the rest of your life.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:08 PM

Haven't we already established ad nauseum that there are humanist reasons for denouncing mass murderers and that no will of heavenly spirits beyond the universe are necessary?

Anyone who has failed to grasp this by now is intentionally being close minded and the debate will fall on deaf ears.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can someone say that Hitler was inherently "wrong" to kill six million Jews if there is no God to say he was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I am a little late on this subject, but I got an answer nevertheless.

Obviously nobody can claim that Hitler was wrong, because the judgement on Hitler depended on the outcome of the war. If Germany had won the war, the verdict would have been entirely different.

The only power to overrule the judgement of the winner is in fact God. Only God could claim that something is right or wrong, because God cannot lose a war and get an opinion enforced to him by the winner.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can someone say that Hitler was inherently "wrong" to kill six million Jews if there is no God to say he was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I am a little late on this subject, but I got an answer nevertheless.

Obviously nobody can claim that Hitler was wrong, because the judgement on Hitler depended on the outcome of the war. If Germany had won the war, the verdict would have been entirely different.

The only power to overrule the judgement of the winner is in fact God. Only God could claim that something is right or wrong, because God cannot lose a war and get an opinion enforced to him by the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the follow-up question then is why in God's name would anyone care about such a useless thing like calling something wrong?