Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 04:17 AM

Default A Few Preliminary Stats (Need Input)

These are stats from a few hands. These numbers are from tournaments only (mainly 5 table SNGs). I just wanted input from a few experienced players as to how these stats are in relation to solid tourney play. I realize that 1,000 hands is a small sample, but should suffice for a very rough look.

# of Hands = 1173

Total VP$IP = 29.84%
VP$IP (SB) = 49%

Saw Flop (All Hands) = 34%
Saw Flop (Not in Blinds) = 23%

Folded BB to Steal = 57%
Folded SB to Steal = 81%

Won $ When Saw Flop = 41.75%
Big Bets/Hand = .35

Went to SD = 36%
Won at SD = 54%

Raised PF = 11.5%

Total Aggression Factor (including PF) = 1.05

These stats can be found in the "More Details" section under General info tab. I tried to export it to a text file so I didn't have to type it but it wont allow it. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks for all the help for us newbs.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: A Few Preliminary Stats (Need Input)

VPIP is too high, folded BB to steal is way too low, and AF is too low.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Thanks, Chris

A couple of follow-up questions:

As for VPIP, since my % is too high, does this mean my betting habits are too large relative to the pot size? Betting amounts and SPR has been something I have no clue about really when playing NLHE. I plan on picking up the book PNLE soon. However, could you, or anyone else, give me some basic "rules of thumb" regarding this? (Remember I play mostly tourneys).

The "Fold BB to steal" stat could be an anomaly. I noticed while playing that I was getting a disproportionate amount of great hands while being in the BB. Other times I was often getting 2:1 or better to call.

Let me provide my total AF stats. Perhaps the "1.5" doesn't tell the whole story, and I would appreciate input as to which areas, specifically, need to be up or down.

AF Pre-flop: .5
Flop: 2.24
Turn: 2.03
River: 2.48
Total AF 1.5

Obviously the pre-flop AF is the lowest and must be bringing down the average. However, my PFR% is 11%, which I thought was in the "average" range. Should I increase this? Should I increase others? I do quite a bit of C-betting on the flop, typically 80% or better I would estimate. Should I increase betting on other streets?

Thanks again! You guys are a lot of help and I appreciate your time.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:56 PM

Way too small sample look again after 20K hands,but a few points.
[ QUOTE ]

As for VPIP, since my % is too high, does this mean my betting habits are too large relative to the pot size?

[/ QUOTE ]
No,VP$IP has nothing to do with bet size it just tracks every time you voluntary chose to play a hand PF by calling or raising,you are playing too many hands prefop,try to get down to around 17%
[ QUOTE ]
Betting amounts and SPR has been something I have no clue about really when playing NLHE. I plan on picking up the book PNLE soon. However, could you, or anyone else, give me some basic "rules of thumb" regarding this? (Remember I play mostly tourneys).

[/ QUOTE ]
Read the anthology in the MTT forum.

[ QUOTE ]
The "Fold BB to steal" stat could be an anomaly. I noticed while playing that I was getting a disproportionate amount of great hands while being in the BB. Other times I was often getting 2:1 or better to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would expect this to be around the 80% mark.

[ QUOTE ]
Let me provide my total AF stats. Perhaps the "1.5" doesn't tell the whole story, and I would appreciate input as to which areas, specifically, need to be up or down.

AF Pre-flop: .5
Flop: 2.24
Turn: 2.03
River: 2.48
Total AF 1.5

Obviously the pre-flop AF is the lowest and must be bringing down the average. However, my PFR% is 11%, which I thought was in the "average" range.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pre flop seems low.
If you want to play a solid TAG style try to look for somethimg like 17/10/2.5
Old 09-12-2007, 04:28 PM

Stop limping in with crap.

Don't play suited connectors in EP.
Don't play low suited connectors.
Don't play stuff like A9 A8 EP.
Stop limping in with junk.

Just play tight since your PF aggression seems pretty low.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:45 PM

I agree with all of the responses so far. When you do manage to get your V$PIP down under 20% make sure you keep that PFR% up there at at least 11%. I preferably like to have my PFR% within ~5% of my V$PIP, but if your PFR% is at least 1/2 of your V$PIP you should be alright.

The only time that I would make an exception on the suited connectors would be in the first level of a tourney to see if I can hit a flop hard for cheap (of course still don't play them in EP), but that's a personal style of playing you'll have to figure out.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:12 PM

I don't limp with crap typically. The worst I ever limp with is A-rag offsuit and that is only in LP. Also I limp with high suited connectors. I will typically limp with J-10o from EP, sometimes raise with it from LP.

I am still a little confused about exactly what VPIP represents. Isn't it the same thing as % of flops seen? If not, what is the difference?
Old 09-12-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am still a little confused about exactly what VPIP represents. Isn't it the same thing as % of flops seen? If not, what is the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see a flop without putting any money in from the BB if everyone limps/folds. That doesn't count for VP$IP. On the other hand, you could raise pre-flop, get re-raised, and fold. That would count as VP$IP (I believe) even without seeing a flop.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:12 PM

Thanks everyone, and thanks well named for the explanation of VPIP. I understand it now.

So I need to keep VPIP around 20% (if not lower). Keep PF around 10-15, and keep TAF at 2 or better.

Regards.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:18 PM

Well named is right. If you limp or raise and are raised or reraised and end up folding you've voluntarily put money in pot.