Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: This is just so dumb.... 100nl

OH MY BAD NOW I UNDERSTAND THX. lol everyone plays with donks you stupid tool. It doesnt make playing with a postflop aggro of 1 correct.

Also, you showed aggression in all those hands you just posted so if that is what you consider optimal play against the donks at your table then optimal play involves infinite aggression (checking doesnt lower your AF, just so you know)
Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 PM

he has JJ. standard.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 PM

AMA, i play alot with a 22/12/1.5 (500 hands) on party, look how he keeps shipping me and others money (this is not the only one), just to say that those stats MEAN ABSOLUTLY NOTHING Well it means a little bit, but wether you should fold push or call here shouldnt be decided by it:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $92.53
BB: $123.21
UTG: $88.79
MP: $104.68
CO: $127.78
Hero (BTN): $106.91

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($8.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $14.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $44.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $119.21</font>, Hero calls all-in for $58.91
Uncalled bet of $16.30 returned to BB

Turn: ($214.32) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($214.32) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $214.32 ($3 Rake)

BB had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings) and LOST (-$106.91)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Aces) and WON (+$104.41)
Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 PM

Just to re-iterate:

l
o
l

You hit a perfect flop and now you're folding to a tagfish?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:07 PM

lol viperaments.

i think i call his raise with a plan to call a turn shove.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OH MY BAD NOW I UNDERSTAND THX. lol everyone plays with donks you stupid tool. It doesnt make playing with a postflop aggro of 1 correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you're correct. Everyone plays versus exactly the same players, I'm so stupid. Obv. playing at Party, datamining 24 tables 24/7, and heavily Table selecting using SpadeEye is the norm.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, you showed aggression in all those hands you just posted so if that is what you consider optimal play against the donks at your table then optimal play involves infinite aggression (checking doesnt lower your AF, just so you know)

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct again sir. Clearly every single hand I have ever been dealt is a monster as per above, and thus my AF should be infinity. I smell a nobel prize coming on for someone of your astute reasoning ability.

Look, I'm 22/12/1.6, hadn't checked my stats in a while. I played 20/10/1 when I first started 100NL, and won 9PTBB/100 over 50k hands. I have experimented with this style again recently, in the belief that it will: win almost as much as playing true TAG, be easier and less fatiguing to play - resulting in longer sessions, allow me to play more tables, reduce the possibility of tilting, and reduce variance. The experiment has been wildly successful, this style is working an absolute treat.

I call a lot with mid strength hands in small pots versus bluff-happy aggrotards. I check-call a lot of hands OOP generally. I call a ton with air/overs/draws in position versus all sorts of players, with the intent to bluff later, or see a cheap showdown if I pick up something small. And I limp a lot preflop with speculative hands when several loose stations are behind me (often). I rarely raise in the blinds. All of these are fine in loose, juicy games.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can see that SSNL truly is a great place for a player new to 100nl to learn unfamiliar concepts from those more advanced in skill.

I feel like I'm even dumber than I was before I posted this. Its cool tho tufat explained it to me. You guys can go back to circle jerking one another now.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You ask for opinions, but expect the perfect answer. I know I'm new to the site, but the only criticism should be constructive, this isn't BBV. And yes i'm sounding like a pussy right now, but I came to this site to learn, not read people pushing their egos.

Anyway, probably gonna get bashed for this.

On another note, trying to continue this thread, how many tables do you play OP and you never answered my question about recent showdowns that this villian has seen, and what's the frequency at which you have played with him before??
Old 08-13-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you're correct. Everyone plays versus exactly the same players, I'm so stupid. Obv. playing at Party, datamining 24 tables 24/7, and heavily Table selecting using SpadeEye is the norm.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct again sir. Clearly every single hand I have ever been dealt is a monster as per above, and thus my AF should be infinity. I smell a nobel prize coming on for someone of your astute reasoning ability.

Look, I'm 22/12/1.6, hadn't checked my stats in a while. I played 20/10/1 when I first started 100NL, and won 9PTBB/100 over 50k hands. I have experimented with this style again recently, in the belief that it will: win almost as much as playing true TAG, be easier and less fatiguing to play - resulting in longer sessions, allow me to play more tables, reduce the possibility of tilting, and reduce variance. The experiment has been wildly successful, this style is working an absolute treat.

I call a lot with mid strength hands in small pots versus bluff-happy aggrotards. I check-call a lot of hands OOP generally. I call a ton with air/overs/draws in position versus all sorts of players, with the intent to bluff later, or see a cheap showdown if I pick up something small. And I limp a lot preflop with speculative hands when several loose stations are behind me (often). I rarely raise in the blinds. All of these are fine in loose, juicy games.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you show me stats proving this? I recently played with a guy who played like 17/5/1. He said that over 100k hands he was a 4PTbb/100 winner IN 6 mAX. Postflop he was pretty decent.. I didnt believe a word of it tho. Im working my ass of for 25/20/3.5 and you win more playing 20/10/1??

Really want to get some more info about this stuff.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
resulting in longer sessions, allow me to play more tables, reduce the possibility of tilting, and reduce variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

so your reducing ur probability of tilting from 100% to 90%? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

OMG [censored] DONK HOW COULD YOU CALL WITH THAT

i guess everyone has a little bit of FoldEquity in them

btw i fold in this hand. but i may not be 3betting preflop either
Old 08-13-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can you show me stats proving this? I recently played with a guy who played like 17/5/1. He said that over 100k hands he was a 4PTbb/100 winner IN 6 mAX. Postflop he was pretty decent.. I didnt believe a word of it tho. Im working my ass of for 25/20/3.5 and you win more playing 20/10/1??

Really want to get some more info about this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a link to my old run at 100NL late last year. Unfortunately the images are down but peoples (disbelieving) comments pretty much spell it out: BBV thread. At the time I think it was 10.5PTBB/100 over 35k hands, which turned into like 9.5PTBB/100 over 50k, playing ultra nitty.

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, how do you win so much with an AF of 1.4

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
21/12 [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so sick runs last for tens of thousands of hands now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my recent experiment (last few weeks). These overlap a bit. Plenty of tilt in both of these too, especially 200NL, ask anyone who has played with me much, ie Spect lol ^^ "so your reducing ur probability of tilting from 100% to 90%? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]". All mainly 6-7 tables, but I 1-2 table while watcing TV sometimes, plus take lots of breaks, so it screws my 'official' MTR up, which hovers around 5.

100NL:

200NL:
(you can very clearly see a couple of obscene tilt sessions, but the results are still OK)