Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: ON THE LOT **official thread**

I agree with everything Shrug said. The wacky cab and the lightbulb were easily the worst two. Just offensively bad.

I also really liked the British guy's movie that got him sent home. He's a good visual stylist, and the actress's expression when the 911 voice said "you are... being burgled" was one of the few LOL moments I had during the show.

The host Adriana Costa is terrible. I hate her voice, and her readings of the results are so stupid and derivative. Why did Goffin & Burnett try to make this show so much like Idol? I did like DJ Caruso as a guest judge.

These results shows are going to be painful so I expect to always fast forward to just see the ultimate eliminations; none of the suspense crap or recapping the judges' comments.

It's getting really bad ratings but Mike Darnell (FOX) is committed to running the whole season no matter how poorly it does.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These results shows are going to be painful

[/ QUOTE ]

it was BRUTAL. they obviously were emulating idol, but at least idol never went 60 minutes of contestant by contestant.

hate to say it, but the show needed filler.

zzzzzz
Old 06-03-2007, 02:31 PM

Looks like they've changed the show's format. Only one show a week now. It must really be tanking in the ratings.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:39 AM

FOX TRIMS 'ON THE LOT' TO ONE WEEKLY AIRING
By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- After another week of sagging ratings, FOX has dropped its Monday edition of "On the Lot."

The series will now condense its competition and results shows into one weekly one-hour program, airing Tuesdays at 8:00/7:00c starting June 5.

Said schedule will continue until its two-night finale airs on Monday, August 13 and Tuesday, August 14 (both at 8:00/7:00c). (The series will also have a special Monday, 8:00/7:00c airing on July 9 due to the network's coverage of the MLB All-Star Game on July 10.)

In its place on Mondays at 8:00/7:00c, FOX will run repeats of "House" and "Hell's Kitchen" on June 4 and June 11, respectively, while a mix of "The Simpsons," "American Dad" and "Family Guy" encores will fill the hour for the rest of the summer.

As a result of the change, FOX will shift "The Loop's" previously announced Tuesday airings (June 5 and June 12) to Sundays at 7:30/6:30c on June 24 and July 1. The news means that "The Loop" will air at 7:30/6:30c, 8:30/7:30c and 9:30/8:30c on said nights. (Regular 7:30/6:30c occupant "King of the Hill" then will move to 7:00/6:00c on those two nights.)

Link
Old 06-05-2007, 09:45 PM

i HATED the "meet the focker's" ripoff and the blind date one.

i LOVED shalini's film on the indian gay comic. the other 2 were meh.

i think the blind date one (trever) should be gone.

remember that all films can be viewed @ the website. format was different tonight. they did only 5 films.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:51 PM

michael bay was actually pretty good as a judge. very blunt and matter of fact
Old 06-06-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
michael bay was actually pretty good as a judge. very blunt and matter of fact

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally can't stand his movies, but I liked the way he expressed himself. Also, for some odd reason he reminded me of Rick Ocasek when he spoke, but it was kind of cool.

I was very impressed by how Shalini's movie had such a professional look and feel, especially when the rest of them looked like student films. I still think Sam has a lot of potential though, using the dog for reaction shots was great.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 AM

I liked Michael Bay also, unlike the regular judges he wasn't afraid to give some constructive criticism.

That movie with the obnoxious Jewish parents was completely unwatchable and borderline offensive. It was like a Jewish version of a minstrel show IMO.

And what's up with that host? She's horrible. What happened to the hot blond host from the first episode? She just disappeared with no explanation.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Michael Bay reminds me of

Laughing Out Loud - The only non-comedy of the night which made it stand out. Was the only film that had a "visual appeal" to it through the use of different lighting. I really enjoyed it although my hubby didn't "get it" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Broken Pipe Dreams - I liked this one. I think he could have done a better job indicating the beginning of the flashback as it took me a second to realize what was happening there...plus I would have made the lead a lot younger in the flashback, as that guy seemed a bit old to be freaking out over having the fish flushed.
I thought the fish coming out after the ring was awesome, but to tie it in better with the mishaps earlier, I think it would have been fitting for the the fish to perhaps slide out of his hand and into the dog's mouth. (ok..maybe that would have made it end on a downer [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
I do feel that it could have been tightened up a hair by deleting some of the repitition.

Dough - Cute concept and I like the lyrics. Thought there was no chemistry between the characters.

Blind Date - Had promise and some funny moments. At first I was put off by trying to figure out if the first few imagined dates were all the same person, just made up differently.

Finkelsteins - The laughs came from the shock value of what was coming out of the father's mouth. The one thing that I am still puzzled about was the lead's insistence that his fiancee not be alone with his mother...yet we still don't know why. What could she have said that was worse than what was happening already?
The film had a promising premise, but disappointed.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The film had a promising premise, but disappointed

[/ QUOTE ]

that promising premise HAS BEEN DONE! that's my point.

it was an offensive parody of meet the fockers. jay roach should be suing.