Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: 10/20, FH, weird river bet from villain

Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread.

As pethie is noting, I am 3barrelling a lot, but I maybe he thinks I'm more of an agressive stupid LAGtard than I really am. Obviously, it would be quite sick to 3barrel with rags on this board, as most villains aren't folding out anything but 6x and TT-77. I could however be check-raising this river with rags, as it would put villain in quite a tough decision with most of his possible holdings (non-A high flush and Kx), so he does not have an automatic fold with those hands - and it doesn't look like he gives me much credit given the former hand.

Anyways, I kept thinking like most of you guys "I have the best hand a large portion of the times so shove is allright, even though he might not be calling my push a lot with worse", and sticked it in.
Koffeliane's idea of him betting large for preventing getting bluff-raised is not relevant, I think. He simply plays his own hand much more step-by-step to think in those lines.

This time he had the KJ nuts however, but I dont think the push is all that wrong anyways. Maybe against him, it's quite marginal (given his tendency to play his own hand and very very low overbetting frequency), but against most players, it's still the best play.

Thx for all your responses.

AB