Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 10-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: home game controversy needs settling

[ QUOTE ]
In your home donkaments when it's down to the last few, are you always watching the dealer? I've certainly inadvertantly shuffled or started to shuffle the stub I was dealing, too. Very easy with two decks in play.

Anyway, I love Home Poker. Not one post about how the "fated" order of cards was screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

We only use 1 deck of cards. We leave the muck in the middle, never pick it up
Old 10-11-2007, 02:02 PM

If neither active player has seen the discards then just deal it out. Obviously, the player losing will want a redeal and the winning player won't once they have seen each others cards. What ever advantage gained is unknown to either player and as it is all in evening knowing just what the cards were now is irrelevant as no further action can occur.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:03 PM

Why not just reshuffle the remaining cards to make them random again and then deal them out.

I'd be calling foul if folded cards were placed on top and introduced as the flop for no other reason than it could be done on purpose.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not just reshuffle the remaining cards to make them random again and then deal them out.

I'd be calling foul if folded cards were placed on top and introduced as the flop for no other reason than it could be done on purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

We seem to be wanting the same thing. I was arguing against the redeal. I think there should definiitely be a shuffle to randomize the cards and the hand should be played out.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We seem to be wanting the same thing. I was arguing against the redeal. I think there should definiitely be a shuffle to randomize the cards and the hand should be played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this to be fascinating. you say there definately needs to be a shuffle to randomize, but according to the OP the problem here involve dthe fact that the cards were shhuffled. Was the previous shuffle somehow not "random" enough for you.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually he should not care one way or the other. While if a player folded an Ace that benefits him by increasing his outs, he has no way of know ing that a player folded an ace. If no player folded an ace then it is to his disadvantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter what he knows, it matters what is probable. And it's more probable that the deck was more ace-rich without those disgards dealt back in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to make the assumption that people don't fold aces. perhaps that is your experience in your games, and if I was playing in a game like that where no player ever folded an ace, I would have to agree with you.

Unfortunately I haven't found such a game. I'm sure they exist somewhere, but I haven't been so lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure how you are going to argue that the folded hands are less likely to contain aces than average. Yes, people do fold aces, but they are much more likely to play a hand that contains an ace. Putting the cards back puts the A7 player at a disadvantage.

Not sure what can be done about it though because I agree that the hand can't be a misdeal now and needs to be dealt out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Over a million scenarios of this I'm fairly certain if the original scenario happened, A7 would win more than if cards were redealt back in and shuffled etc. However there's no real fair way to do it since it's more unfair to the QQ than it would be for the small disadvantage A7 gets in this scenario.