Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 PM

Default 10/20, 400bb DEEP and CONFUSED

Sorry, don't have the hand history, but here are the details.

Villain has only been around for <50 hands, but seemed to be getting hit by the deck. Seemed pretty TAG, never seen him getting out of line. Not sure how observant he is, but I've been pretty loose/aggro, but never out of line too much.

Only hand we played together, I check called a Axx flop with A/rag, and c/folded to his pot bet on the turn.

I've rarely played this deep before, so I was quite lost on what to do here.

Effective stacks ~8k

Folded around to me in the cutoff. I pick up K10o and make a standard raise to 60. He flat calls. I'm 99% sure he does not have QQ+, because he has 3-bet every single time with monsters preflop so far.

SB folds, BB calls.

Flop is 10 9 J all spades. I have the K of spades.

BB checks, I bet 120 (oops, meant to bet more), and he instantly raises it to 720. BB folds.

If we were 100 bb deep, I think this is an obvious shove.

3-betting and folding to a shove doesn't seem right, but I was confused over what to do if I just called and saw a blank turn. Check/fold?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:50 PM

Default Re: 10/20, 400bb DEEP and CONFUSED

if you were 100bb deep it most certainly is NOT an obvious shove, i think shoving there would be kinda gross (i also wouldnt be betting flop though)

as played, you've got two outs to the nuts which probably won't get paid off to the max, and lots of "outs" that could get you in big trouble. fold, check behind flop the next time you get in this spot, and be glad to get out that cheaply.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 PM

I also need to mention that anytime he had a monster hand post-flop, he slow played it every single time.

I think that is important to mention, as it weakens his range for this flop here.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 PM

this is an easy shove, i expect to see a bluff >75% of the time here, and that's all you need with the pot odds being so good in relative ratios to your stack size.

a little deeper and we can talk about just folding, but with 400bb reverse implieds are greatly in your favor here, especially when considering apparent images.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:54 PM

Fold flop. There, that was easy
Old 08-22-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you were 100bb deep it most certainly is NOT an obvious shove, i think shoving there would be kinda gross (i also wouldnt be betting flop though)

as played, you've got two outs to the nuts which probably won't get paid off to the max, and lots of "outs" that could get you in big trouble. fold, check behind flop the next time you get in this spot, and be glad to get out that cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. OP's plan to call the raise on the flop and check fold a blank turn is absolutely horrendous.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:58 PM

If I check this flop, what's my response to a pot sized bet?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is an easy shove, i expect to see a bluff >75% of the time here, and that's all you need with the pot odds being so good in relative ratios to your stack size.

a little deeper and we can talk about just folding, but with 400bb reverse implieds are greatly in your favor here, especially when considering apparent images.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you play 2/4 with sbrugby or smtg...?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like shoving here as he will fold his (almost certain) stone bluff. Much better line is to min 3bet which on as drawy board as this is GUARANTEED to induce a bluff shove which u obv snaaaaaaaaapcall
Old 08-23-2007, 12:46 AM

Am I being levelled by everyone here? "min 3bet which on as drawy board as this is GUARANTEED to induce a bluff shove which u obv snaaaaaaaaapcall" Like, was this a joke? 400 bb deep eh? Before I go any further I need to know if Im misreading the board, misreading the post, being leveled etc.