Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 08:44 PM

Default High Little FPS?!

Villian has been agg so far raising all high door cards and not always showing the pair.

7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls

4th Street - (5.85 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.93 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (7.93 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.93 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (9.93 BB - $19.85)
Old 03-22-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: High Little FPS?!

3rd: not crazy about the completion 2nd to act, but with the dead cards and the big ante, folding isnt right in a tight game. but if more than one opponent calls or raises, i'd be really ready to release on 4th.

The three later streets taken together dont make a lot of sense to me. I like the raise on 5th to take control of the hand with your board, but if you bet on 6th against his open pair and dont think he has kings up, why would you check after he checks on the river? I'd bet the river and fold to any raise. If you're planning to check the river after improving to two pair, then you probably should have checked behind on 6th to get a free card. while you're telling him you dont have a straight, you'll most likely get a free showdown anyway.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:23 AM

I love a completion here when the game is tight, it gives you a more "reckless" image and you will get more action on your big hands, but if it's a loose game a fold is more correct.

Since you raised fifth you are tied down to betting sixth since you have to represent a straight. It's unfortunate that his board paired because he's calling down here with two pair. With your read, I am kinda lost on what to do on seventh. He's calling a bet regardless, so I think a check is fine. If you win, you've put in enough action, but I think you lose this hand more times than you win.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:45 AM

He's almost never folding 6th I imagine. I would probably just check behind, even with the straight outs and trip outs, we are crushed if he actually has Ks up or a big pocket pair:

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=2524072
pokenum -7s ks 3d kc 5c 7s 7d - 9h 4c 9d jh tc qs / 2d 6d 6s 6h td 2c
7-card Stud Hi: 1122 enumerated outcomes
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Ks 7s Kc 5c 7d 3d 888 79.14 234 20.86 0 0.00 0.791
Qs Tc 4c 9d Jh 9h 234 20.86 888 79.14 0 0.00 0.209

has villain been raising a completion with junk, or just completing with a high card showing? If he's on a 4 flush, we are a bit ahead 58/42, but even if he has a low two pair like 44K to start, we are behind 54/46....basically as we are only ahead against a flush draw or just the bare 7s I like a check on 6th. Given that he reraised your completion then called the raise on 5th you have to give him credit for something right?
Old 03-25-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian has been agg so far raising all high door cards and not always showing the pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

...so, you knew that he'd likely raise your completion on third? i suppose that's good if you're trying to get it HU (possible in this case, considering the other door cards) planning to check/call the agg playerto showdown if you develop anything reasonable?

...but even that's a marginal play. I'd fold third: (94)9o is basicly a crappy hand, esp you're second to act.

you played 5th-7th well, imo.

results? which site is this?
Old 03-25-2007, 03:44 AM

3rd I would definitely complete, but I would then fold to a raise from the K or the T.

This line might feel exploitable but you are calling the raise with an overcard kicker, a straight flush kicker, a draw, or a higher concealed pair to the raiser, so I'm not sure it is.

As played I think you should bet 6th, even though there are many tempting reasons to check behind. Basically in the worst case it really won't cost you that much and it may just get a fold if he only started with a three straight, or make you an extra bet when you improve on the river.