Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: wife is a cheater...best way to get into her email acct

Also, the divorce rate can be very misleading because of people who divorce and remarry multiple times.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be cynical about marriage, I will just screen out potential spouses much better. Any woman who talks about feeling a "connection" with you like never before, or are looking for a soul mate or MR Right , or anything idealized like that will not see a second date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this pretty much exclude most all women? I don't understand your point here.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be cynical about marriage, I will just screen out potential spouses much better. Any woman who talks about feeling a "connection" with you like never before, or are looking for a soul mate or MR Right , or anything idealized like that will not see a second date.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this pretty much exclude most all women? I don't understand your point here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say most typical women.....not the ones who actually follow their brain over their heart.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fedorfan,

I completely agree. If there is one thing that would really disqualify a woman for serious relationship consideration, it would be her having a very demanding/time consuming career. Some would call our types blatant chauvinists, and those people are simply short sighted morons. Is it chauvinist to want to be able to spend more time with your GF/wife at home? Or to not have to worry about her being tired/stressed from work?

I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that work both ways, or are you just being selfish?

[/ QUOTE ]

I work at home doing what i love and never dump any of the tiny stress it gives me on others. My side is accounted for.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:38 PM

OP - sincere condolences. You're faced with a terrible challenge, emotional and practical. Glad to see you're past the "snoop on emails" initial response. I'm not sure how exactly I'd react to the pressures you're facing (I'm married with children FWIW).

On a different note, though, don't gobble up, without critical thought, a bunch of crap from the web. While I don't have particularly unique insight into Marriage Builders and that organization's effectiveness, your links and the few bits I've read through convince me that you shouldn't be investing so much emotional and intellectual capital into the advice / experiences you're reading about. I don't think that "love units" are quite the universal, underlying, building blocks of human relations that the particular website does; nor do I think that the website's views on marriage and broken marriages (and the reason therefore) are necessarily representative let alone extensible across marriages and relationships generally.

You're dealing with an incredibly challenging situation; I'd say you're holding up pretty well and I'd encourage you to perservere, without investing a lot of emotional energy into those who might explain why or why not you've been presented with the challenge.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to completely de-rail this thread, but what do you guys recommend for someone who isn't married yet? Is there any way to protect assets (existing or upcoming)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't combine your existing assets with your wife's... ever. Although it varies from state to state.

Google "marital property law"
Old 08-25-2007, 12:47 PM

you could just try not being a stalker
Old 08-26-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP - sincere condolences. You're faced with a terrible challenge, emotional and practical. Glad to see you're past the "snoop on emails" initial response. I'm not sure how exactly I'd react to the pressures you're facing (I'm married with children FWIW).

On a different note, though, don't gobble up, without critical thought, a bunch of crap from the web. While I don't have particularly unique insight into Marriage Builders and that organization's effectiveness, your links and the few bits I've read through convince me that you shouldn't be investing so much emotional and intellectual capital into the advice / experiences you're reading about. I don't think that "love units" are quite the universal, underlying, building blocks of human relations that the particular website does; nor do I think that the website's views on marriage and broken marriages (and the reason therefore) are necessarily representative let alone extensible across marriages and relationships generally.

You're dealing with an incredibly challenging situation; I'd say you're holding up pretty well and I'd encourage you to perservere, without investing a lot of emotional energy into those who might explain why or why not you've been presented with the challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your input. All I can tell you is that the stuff on Marriage Builders website made a lot of sense and described basically what happened in my marriage and my wife's affair. When I see all the similarities, I can't help but believe that the author knows what he is talking about.

That other blurb I pasted about the Stages of women in affairs was basically a 100% match as to what my wife went through. It was actually from a book which I bought off the website. Although it didn't save my marriage, that book was life changing for me bc I will never go into relationships blind again.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:15 AM

Women are so much more trouble than they are worth. Sorry to hear of your misfortune OP.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:53 AM

I just wanted to add that I hate whores as well.