Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Player threatens credit card fraud, surprised site account is closed

[ QUOTE ]
Your post is way too fragmented to be coherent, but

The Apparent Bottom line: You threatened a chargeback on a whopping $54 in deposits, so they close your account to cut their potential losses in dealing with you.

WHAT is the big complaint or surprise ? They do not want your business, so what ?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an idiot.

i dont care what is missing from the OP, if anything. cake poker will never get any of my business based on this post alone.

and wtf at talking [censored] to a reputable long time poster when he's obviously getting screwed over to some extent by a poker site.

that's BS.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

Most pokersites don't post here. Only a very few do.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm genuinely surprised at the number of folks who want to delve into Reef's behavior and attitudes, see all the emails, try to get Cake's side of the story, etc. for any reason other than curiousity.

[/ QUOTE ]MrBlueNose:

Because (a) it might put things into perspective, and (b) reveal what is true and what isn't in this situation. We don't know what is hyperbole and what is just out and out lies. Is there ANY proof in this thread that he didn't just make the whole thing up? I'm not saying that is the case, but it just amazes me that someone can post a thread like this with no proof, and immediately have people jumping in saying "I'M NEVER DEPOSITING THERE AFTER THIS".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming that what Reef posted is true and is not made up. I'm also acknowledging that Reef could have truly been the absolute worst "customer-from-Hell" and that we would understand that if Reef had posted the full email exchanges. If Reef just made this up, then that's a whole different situation; if Reef instead turned out to be the absolute worst "customer-from-Hell" but Cake responded as he posted, then my post stands as it does - there is no excuse for such a response.

[ QUOTE ]
MikeHaven
Do you know something we don't? Maybe the CEx of Cake has apologised to Reef? Maybe the CS-guy was fired? Maybe it was the first and only mistake their CS has ever made and they have learned from it and procedures for dealing with aggressive [censored] have been tightened so that it doesn't ever happen again?

[/ QUOTE ]

No; I know nothing other than what I've read in this thread. My only point was that the response from Cake that Reef posted, no matter his prior behavior, is unacceptable from a prospective service provider. I won't voluntarily do business with a company that responds in that manner. If instead the company disowned the statements and offered apologies explaining that it felt its agent's behavior was totally unacceptable, I'd be willing to explore doing business with that company. Put another way, I'd have a lot more respect for a business (and therefore consider giving them my business) if they said something like "We apologize for the response you received. That response was inappropriate and unprofessional, and completely incompatible with the manner in which we do business with our customers. Put simply, it was inexcusable. While we regret the exchange, we still cannot do business with you (Reef); your account remains closed and your funds have been returned. Please do not contact us again regarding this matter."

[ QUOTE ]
GrindingIt
I used to get pissed at poor CS until I found out that it's everywhere. Poker, other online, the bank, the grocery store, everywhere. It's one retarded moron making $8 an hour, (less in the case of poker sites) who doesn't give a crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is depressingly widespread. The question is how to respond. I favor responding by witholding my patronage. In some cases that's pretty tough (i.e., local phone company / broadband provider, etc.) and in others it is pretty easy (i.e., online poker sites). I figure that the best way to reduce the incidence of horrible and unprofessional customer service is to deny otherwise available revenue to those businesses whose service is inadequate. At some point, if enough people are willing to pay a premium (in the form of avoiding doing business with scofflaws even when the scofflaws offer the apparent lowest price or other favorable inducement), then customer support becomes more than just a cost center and instead becomes a material impact on revenues -- then service improves. And if not, then I at least enjoy the personal and purely emotional satisfaction of knowing that the bastards don't have my dollars in their pocket.

To be less wordy - Cake's alleged response is entirely unacceptable regardless of Reef's prior correspondence or behavior; and that fact will keep me from voluntarily giving any business to Cake.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 AM

my god . if you a good player you want to be at cake.

principles, schniciples, my azz!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to get pissed at poor CS until I found out that it's everywhere. Poker, other online, the bank, the grocery store, everywhere. It's one retarded moron making $8 an hour, (less in the case of poker sites) who doesn't give a crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno how much customer service people get at other poker sites, but at PS it's safely above minimum wage. I got paid more then the average UK wage when I started, and not too far below the average London wage. I suspect that most people working for poker sites get paid a decent amount as it's quite a complicated job, it's not like a call center where you're reading scripts to people.