Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 03:49 AM

Default Re: 4 large bets

I think they all look spewy against the described villains.

If in hnd 1 you mean he's loose pf but plays reasonably post then I think thats ok.

Hand 2 hate the most. I would say it's a value shove v heart draws if anything because TT is about the only better hnd I can see folding. If he can peel the flop w/ stuff like 66/A5 then I think bettiing like 90 achieves the same result and can work alot less to be +ev. Still wouldnt like it though.

Hnd 3 I think QK/A is a decent part of his range and wont fold. Meh maybe you can fold 99/AJ.

Hnd 4 I like the most. He has a 7x type hnd usually and should fold it close to 100% if this is the 1st time youve overbet like this. I also think betting like 50 or whatever here just wouldnt work.

Paul
Old 07-25-2007, 04:20 AM

Hand 1: I don't like that in a reraised pot. You represent an overpair, but he will call you with a random T, any 2 pair and any set, which are likely to be in his range because he is loose. You fold out JJ, maybe QQ, 2 missed overcards and Ax like hands. This is a little bit thin.

Hand 2: This looks better, because that flop hasn't hit an UTG-raiser that often. You may fold out several better 1 pair hands.

Hand 3: Once again, I hate it, because I have problems to find that many better hands, that you fold out, especially against average donks.

Hand 4: To make this a winning play, you have to make him fold a better hand 3 out of 4 times. I don't know whether this is possible. It may be dependent on the poker room you play in, on questions like does he know you, etc. For sure it's a high variance play that I don't like.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:22 AM

Its funny how people flame these hands, but don't put effort to put people on hand ranges or calling frequencies.They folded in all of these.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its funny how people flame these hands, but don't put effort to put people on hand ranges or calling frequencies.They folded in all of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess that means you played them correctly then.....

My main problem with hand 1 is the flop bet. That's just awful because every hand that beats you calls and there are a lot of them in his range.

Hand 2 I explained in my previous post.

Hand 3 most randoms don't call a 3-bet and then call a flop bet on that board that lightly, so his range is pretty strong. You also took the line that people in general, and especially people who fit villain's brief description, love to call.

Hand 4 the river bet has almost the exact same FE as one less than half it's size. You really think he calls $100 here with a hand that he doesn't call $200 with?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:36 AM

About hand 1, isn't his range more weighted towards big cards when he calls PF? And its not like they will always call 2 barrels with 3rd pair in this spot. sometimes we improve as well. Flop bet is close in 1 imo. And I do think he will sometimes fold a better hand on flop. Our hand is much different than A9 here imo.

Hand 2 and 3 are not something I do often. But its pretty bad if you are never bluffing in these spots. 4 is part of something I've been trying lately. 100 is probably good against 1/2 donkeys.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About hand 1, isn't his range more weighted towards big cards when he calls PF?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I expect his range to contain a ton of small/mid PPs and some suited connectors and gappers and [censored].

[ QUOTE ]
Flop bet is close in 1 imo. And I do think he will sometimes fold a better hand on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless, he has to fold much more than 1 hand that beats you for this to be good.

[ QUOTE ]
Our hand is much different than A9 here imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right.. A9 is a value bet and 46 is a check. This is not a board to turn your weak made hands into bluffs because he has few marginal made hands (most of his made hands are overpairs, sets, two pair, and pair + draw).

[ QUOTE ]
100 is probably good against 1/2 donkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a stakes thing or a donkey vs. reg thing. Your play is really bad. It should be obvious that betting 100 is better than 200 here, and slightly less obvious that the best bet is even lower than that.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:12 AM

You're saying obvious to a lot of stuff that really isn't. For example, if he folds for 200 95% but only folds for 100 75%, 200 is much much better. The ev is $31 vs $61, which is absolutely huge. And in my experience, that is a realistic estimation of FE.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:41 AM

so do i have to pull this kind of stuff to win at 200nl??
Old 07-25-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're saying obvious to a lot of stuff that really isn't. For example, if he folds for 200 95% but only folds for 100 75%, 200 is much much better. The ev is $31 vs $61, which is absolutely huge. And in my experience, that is a realistic estimation of FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously think 20% of the hands he holds going into the river fold to 200 but not 100?

I'd like to see reasonable ranges for which that's true. Keep in mind it's 20% of the hands he folds going into the river.. not 20% of the hands he folds to 200.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:46 AM

A+ metagame post.

aejones been coaching?