Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Gir\'s 2/4 PartyPoker Video: Looking for Commentary

im too lazy to dload/watch it, but from what yeti said i agree that you should def be getting some decent screens. overlapping tables makes things so much more irritating and it used to put me on tilt having to screw around with pokertracker, PAHUD and game selection on a small screen. i now have two 24" monitors and it makes life very easy, and im sure it has increased my winrate.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:08 PM

Take congratulations off, its so annoying.

I have to play like 15 hours to get as much AA´s that you got, sick

Your table selection is general terrible. Dont sit with 4 tags. Dont sit MCMK's right because he is annoying as hell,
floats ton, bluff, do some random things.

If it is folded to you on button, I think opening to 14$ instead of 16$ is better.

2min. 56s button against 2 callers. Flop 2-T-Q, don´t bet against 2 people if u think they are
calling stations, and Q-T-x boards suits their range very well. 2nd barrel is awful.

4min I think J8s folding is fine against short stack. I would never 3bet with A9o, it plays so badly in rr pots

7min. Im folding KQ off OPP after minreraise by guy only with 75bb´s

7min Usually i 3bet with 88 from BB to loose button opener, but calling is fine sometimes. Im not sure about
donking but if i would have been villain i would have raised with nearly 100% my range.

8min. A8o easy open from CO.

9min. Betoman333 donks K-5-2 rainbow board 33 to 34 pot. Im raising here almost allways.

20min. Push TT. MCMK has like never big pair here.

30min. Donkey donks A high board SB/BB. im raising here usually with air too.

31min not valuebetting KJ is leak... bet 55$

43min AToff is not hand with u want reraise UTG opener.

52min KJ is clear fold.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 PM

Rereraising MCMK with AA is probably a good move as default, but you mde it way too big. You can make it like 2.5-2.75 times his reraise size, let him think he has fold/float equity.

Also I prob. check AA once on the flop on A24 flush draw board against a guy who doesnt have a full starting stack.

When you make a combo draw on AKx board, shove over the minraise, you for sure have fold equity against a probably horrible player and that board hits you way harder than him, its hard for him to have more than one pair (altough you probably wont get him of aces often, you might) and you can rep. a monster well.

When you make a set on a monotone flop and the turn comes K, you bet 120 with only 300 total back, bet like 100 or maybe 95 instead so he thinks he has some fold equity, maybe he shoves his turned top pair and nut flush draw.

Calling Macaufish's reraise with 87o is probably bad, and its def. bad to call a cbet on the Q8x flop. You saw him reraise AA just like that before, so give him credit.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:29 PM

op, are you sure you're actually down $14K in the game? in the beginning of the video you sound like you're a bit confused with poker tracker results being way off, etc. have you contacted party and asked them to send you a report showing buy-in, rebuy, and cashout from each table, and confirmed exactly how and when you've really lost this much? (actually, don't they have all of this information available on their website?)

does anyone do party datamining and have this guy as a huge loser? something doesn't seem right here.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
op, are you sure you're actually down $14K in the game? in the beginning of the video you sound like you're a bit confused with poker tracker results being way off, etc. have you contacted party and asked them to send you a report showing buy-in, rebuy, and cashout from each table, and confirmed exactly how and when you've really lost this much? (actually, don't they have all of this information available on their website?)

does anyone do party datamining and have this guy as a huge loser? something doesn't seem right here.

[/ QUOTE ]

People really underestimate variance. Even good solid winner can struggle >30 buyins downswing playing normal game. Here is my NL200 graph since april or so. As u can see variance can do anything.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:01 PM

I watched about half of it last night.

I didn't like the way you play the set of 4s (I think it was 4s) against macaufish. He's very passive and the way the flop action when it looked so much like a flush draw.

When you filled up on the turn, I don't like checking to a passive player like that hoping he'll bet. I think you get more value by betting while he still has his flush draw.

Turns out he bet and every thing worked out, but I think he and many other players take a free card there, miss their flush 80% of the time, and don't put any more money in the pot.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

People really underestimate variance. Even good solid winner can struggle >30 buyins downswing playing normal game. Here is my NL200 graph since april or so. As u can see variance can do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well ya when your winrate is 2 bb / 100 you'll see some retarded swings.

Higher winrate = no 40 buyin swongs.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No offense, but your graph computes to 2.1 PTBB/100 over 252k hands, right?
How is this even near to a "good solid winner" @ Party 1/2?
I guarantee you have a bunch of leaks to fix with those results in this game.

Edit: but graph indicates, you got better.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 AM

Old 10-17-2007, 05:55 AM

to OP:
Like others said, get at least a monitor with 1600x1200 resolution.
Overlapping kinda tilts me, so I didn't watch, but how about getting a smooth table mod? Everything that makes things easier helps. Yup, and turn off congrats...