Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
I have received a'lot less than what I should have been recieving for the amount of my losses against all 3 breached accounts and got the same email you did mntbkr. There stating ONE player had breached the system. Not Steamroller, Doubledrag, Graycat, Potripper. I'm hoping that they are going and giving money back by each individual account at a time and I will be receiving the rest of my losses from these guys in the next few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, pretty sure I only played greycat post "breach", I got what I was down to him in PT(I think...Ill double check in the morning)

Id assume what they meant by "one" was that it was one guy using all accounts, however thats not what the mark seif/AP support convo says....
Old 10-26-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
It is a slick way of containing their potential damages beyond what may have transpired over the past three years or so

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-26-2007, 12:24 AM

And didnt they say there were several accounts which hadnt been named by us?

After the initial high of getting 9k back Im pissed again. We are DEF being given the run around here in hopes that we let everything else die
Old 10-26-2007, 12:26 AM

"I know there will probably be some residual doubt for some for a long time, if not forever, about my complicity in this ordeal, but I would like to whatever I can to minimize the damage."

I'd have phrased that differently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And now you know the reason for releasing the Seif transcript.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your theory - that it is to reduce future losses - tries to connect two unrelated events to suit your own pre-existing prejudices.

My explanation
Mark Seif had a chat with some support person in South Korea to clear his name - is obvious and likely.

Your explanation
AP have recently started wiping their old data (1) to reduce the ability of outsides to track results (2). Then, instead of just doing it, they need to surreptitiously leak it via an obscure conversation between Mark Seif and a South Korean support staff member.

1) There is no evidence that this is a new trend.
2) This does nothing to deal with data held by customers
3) It creates a tortuous and unlikely chain of events.

I have no doubt that if you take the most pessimistic and conspirational view of everything AP does, you can come up with a pessimistic and conspirational view of everything AP does.

I don't think that is fair or balanced.

You see, I'm interested in finding out the truth. You seem to be interested in advocating on behalf of your client. Consequently, they'll diverge from time to time.

[ QUOTE ]
It is prima facie "proof" that Absolute cannot offer settlements to any harmed party beyond what is retrievable in the 30 gig database of hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]
No it is not. The harmed party can simply provide their records of own hand histories.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In the hypothetical scenario where Absolute is on trial for this debacle...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't such a trial be a criminal action?

In a civil case, presumably those who lost money would be seeking to recoup their losses. If they can recoup their losses without going to trial, isn't that always going to be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true were the harmed parties only seeking compensatory damages (the actual amount of money lost to the cheater).

From my point of view, however, the damages are clearly greater than simply the money lost directly to the cheater.

There is the potentiality of intangible damages as well.

For instance, a hypothetical scenario where the cheat busted someone who subsequently could not make his mortgage payment and therefore was foreclosed on his house, causing a his spouse to file for divorce.

Had he not been cheated out of his money then the subsequent events may never have occurred.

To avoid punitive damages, it would be incumbent on Absolute to prove that he would have lost the money anyway. Which is not easy.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have received a'lot less than what I should have been recieving for the amount of my losses against all 3 breached accounts and got the same email you did mntbkr. There stating ONE player had breached the system. Not Steamroller, Doubledrag, Graycat, Potripper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest emailing them back, and posting a copy here, with evidence of how much you've lost.

A PT screenshot might be a decent start.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In a civil case, presumably those who lost money would be seeking to recoup their losses. If they can recoup their losses without going to trial, isn't that always going to be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true were the harmed parties only seeking compensatory damages (the actual amount of money lost to the cheater).

From my point of view, however, the damages are clearly greater than simply the money lost directly to the cheater.

For instance, a hypothetical scenario where the cheat busted someone who subsequently could not make his mortgage payment and therefore was foreclosed on his house, causing a his spouse to file for divorce.

Had he not been cheated out of his money then the subsequent events may never have occurred.

To avoid punitive damages, it would be incumbent on Absolute to prove that he would have lost the money anyway. Which is not easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the want of a nail, the kingdom was lost. How's your 1L year treating you?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right on with that, i'll file my lawsuit tomorrow... i'm sure that will be cost effective and free of hassle
Old 10-26-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nat,

Done. Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]
David,

That's awesome, thank you for doing that.

-Nat