Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: New York Knicks \'07-\'08 playoffs or Busto thread

[ QUOTE ]
depth in the frontcourt?

the knicks are going to get KILLED in transition with curry and randolph taking ~12 seconds to wobble end to end.

KG was getting out for easy assists and buckets last night, and same thing will happen against every team with a decently mobile big man.

lee needs to start and play 35 minutes plus. he was (like pretty much always) the best player for the knicks last night.

cliff notes: isiah is a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

true true. i never really saw ZRandolph play just saw the 20/10 numbers and figured him and david lee would be sick. do they still have stevie franchise?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
depth in the frontcourt?

the knicks are going to get KILLED in transition with curry and randolph taking ~12 seconds to wobble end to end.

KG was getting out for easy assists and buckets last night, and same thing will happen against every team with a decently mobile big man.

lee needs to start and play 35 minutes plus. he was (like pretty much always) the best player for the knicks last night.

cliff notes: isiah is a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

true true. i never really saw ZRandolph play just saw the 20/10 numbers and figured him and david lee would be sick. do they still have stevie franchise?

[/ QUOTE ]

francis =riding bench for rockets
Old 11-01-2007, 11:12 AM

So, what's the point here? That Nate Robinson will be the leading shot blocker for the Knicks and that Jamal Crawford may shoot 36% this year (career high?)?

Barry
Old 11-02-2007, 07:37 PM

BUMPPPPP

Finally we get our season underway. And as a bonus, we get GUS JOHNSON ANNOUNCING! OH MY!!! I AM EXCITED ALREADY!!1!1!!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:41 PM

It's going to be tough to make the playoffs IMO but 6-10 in the east is completely jumbled.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's going to be tough to make the playoffs IMO but 6-10 in the east is completely jumbled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree that its a bit of a crapshoot towards the middle of the East, but I thought the Knicks played pretty well last year befpre injuries hit. I'm optomistic about this year (isn't everyone on opening night [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 PM

I hate Gus Johnson...he is trying to ruin my joyous night where the Knicks have a perfect record.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 AM

Just looking at boxscore, not much knicks could do. When LBJ decides his team is going to win, they win.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just looking at boxscore, not much knicks could do. When LBJ decides his team is going to win, they win.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should have won honestly...Marbury apparently was too busy acting like an [censored] last year on Mic'd Up and didn't realize that Boobie guy can actually shoot 3s. He just kept leaving him uncovered. Yeah Bron was great but Boobie really won them the game.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:31 PM

Well after two games, the Knicks are 1-1:

In my opinion, they played better in their loss to Cleveland than they did in their win over Minny.

Vs. Cleveland they proved that the Randolph/Curry frontcourt can work as they both scored 20+ points. Nate Robinson played surprising under control in this game and hit a bunch of key shots. The biggest problem is still the defense. They occasionally show flashes of solid team defense but on the whole, it has been their weak spot. This was evident the Knicks gave up back to back to back to back wide open 3s to the same guy. All though to be fair, Moron Thomas has them play a zone after the dude hits 2 of them. WTF?

Vs. The wolves they looked out of sink all game. If it wasn't for Jamal's heroics in the 4th they would have easily lost that game to a poor T-Wolves team. Although I feel like the reason it was such a close guy is they got away from feeding the post in the second half and working the offense inside out. Randolph showed that sometimes he can be a black hole on offense when he's not hitting outside shots. But you've gotta like 6 guys in double figures, very balanced scoring. Q-Rich with 0 points in 30 minutes is a bit disturbing though.

The same thing happened in the first two games that happened all of last year. The Knicks seemed to play at the level of their opponent. They came up to the Cavs level and went right down to the T-Wolves level. Also, there were stretches in the 3rd vs the Cavs and in the 4th vs the Wolves where the Knicks had 5-8 point leads with the ball and momentum and they couldn't put either team away. This was really frustrating to watch.

Overall, we haven't learned overly much but I still feel that this team has enough firepower to compete for that 7-8 seed.