Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what to do with the high hand jackpot monies?
Jackpot is included in the action. Slim gets 25% of it. 271 84.95%
Jackpot is a bonus, and does not count as action. Slim gets nothing from it. 18 5.64%
You guys should have figured this shiznit out earlier. Split the difference and give Slim 12.5% or something. 27 8.46%
Something else / i like to vote for random options / ysscky 3 0.94%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Malloreon II: Return of the Rivan King GAME THREAD

LOL shorty + gt1t for thinking FCBL was villager up until the final day. Major mistake, IMHO, though I believed it too. One of you evils/neutrals needed to out all immediately and force the coinflip.

Great modding, good game. Good luckboxes this one.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:13 PM

I don't know if this is needed or not but - a couple of times this game I posted things that I realized after posting could be taken as mean or condescending or something. I really didn't mean them that way and I apologize if I upset anybody. I remember looking back on several of my posts and saying to myself "it really didn't sound like that in my head as I was typing it, I sound like an asshat". Anyways - I had fun playing with you all and hope that I didn't piss anybody off [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goddamitgoddamitgoddamititshappeningagainaments

[/ QUOTE ] still makes me lol
Old 01-15-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
goddamitgoddamitgoddamititshappeningagainaments

[/ QUOTE ] still makes me lol

[/ QUOTE ]

How much better would this game have gone had we lynched FCBL there?
Old 01-15-2007, 03:38 PM

Thanks a lot for modding VR and Jared.

LVP: 2+2 servers.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:09 PM

Chim,

[ QUOTE ]

This game was really frustrating. The clowntable deal for one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, I have no idea what this was all about but it was pretty retarded.

[ QUOTE ]
The Bluff/Chuckles/fake Toth thing.. what was that trying to accomplish except kill half our remaining players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck was the Child of Dark at that point. Neutrals can communicate with the Child of Dark. Chuck claimed Toth. No one was refuting that claim. Hmmm something might be up? I think it was pretty obvious we were trying to keep Chuckles alive. I have no idea why Bluff felt the need to use his power until death with Chuck being the secondary bandwagon. Chuck would have lived ass the fake Toth for a while.

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday if Shorty knew the roles why didn't he come out with "evils you have x and x left, we have to all vote y do so now with me and GT1T". I was at work and kept running to the office to see what bandwagon to jump on but it never happened. My mistake to not force it myself, but I was sure Shorty had some plan I hand't thought of. He even seemed content getting FCBL lynched with his "FCBL DONT SAY ANYTHING" post. Either way, I shoulda just came out and said it but I didn't wanna make a big error.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure us assuming FCBL was good was a big mistake but understand that if we lynch the child of light that round the game was a lock for us. FCBL didn't play like he was an evil trying to survive and since you two were the last wagons and the ones in jeopardy we could only assume that if our read was wrong one of you would have said something. Why? Because we figured chim was evil and if FCBL was evil, it was obvious you were [censored] anyway so the clear play was to force a flip. When no evils came out with this information we had to assume that FCBL was good. FCBL being the vote buyer makes this doubly bad since lynching the regular evil atleast makes things managable.

Tabako,

[ QUOTE ]

Chim's post is spot on. When watching the thread I was just waiting for shorty to come out and say something for the evils and neutrals to do, but it never happened. Without communication from shortline (after he killed half of their remaining team the day before), I couldn't really expect either of the remaining wolves to know what the neutrals were up to or how to act to bring it to coinflip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, read above. We knew we could bring it to a coinflip because we did the math. This info was available to all. It's the evils responsibly to take the initiative yesterday, however, because they were dealing with complete information regarding how much trouble they were inl information that we did not have.

[ QUOTE ]

Village won because of a lack of communication between the evils and the neutrals.

We basically had no idea what you were trying to do, ever since the day you outed FMXDA in thread (happened that I had peeked him that day and obv signaled my peek in thread, so we gained no information).

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything we did was basically common sense. We did whatever we could to help the evils without them outting themselves. To communicate with the evils we had to sacrifice a peek and we can't say what we're doing in the thread or the village will counter it. The Chuck/fake Toth play was a brilliant move imo (credit to Shorty.) With votees piled up on Chuck and Chuck faking Toth, there was a very obvious course of action.

We did everything we possibly could to keep the game level, which meant helping the evils most of the time. It's not our job to spell out what you had to do in big bold letters but we certainly laid down a path that only required a bit of though. You want frustrating? Try planning all day, every day to help the evils and stay hidden only to have them shoot themselves in the foot.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did want to thank VR and Jared for modding - the game was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it.

One thing I thought was hilarious though: after I was "confirmed" I reread the rules and realized that nowhere in the rules or role descriptions did it say that it would be announced in thread if I was converted. I realized that if Shorty had converted me day 1 evils probably would have won the game outright. I also realized that there was a possibility that Shorty could use that fact to convince village to lynch me forcing the game to a coinflip. I send all of this in a PM to VR (mostly because I thought it would be really funny and didn't want for the mods to accidentally confirm me as good) and 30 minutes later JaredL mod-confirms me as good in thread. From what VR said afterwards I assume the mod-confirm had nothing to do with my PM. LOL mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did I mod confirm you? You mean announcing that Ce'Nedra was no longer convertible?

While I can't speak for VR, I think we had intended to announce that the convertibles had been converted. You also would have been able to join evil chat. We should add that to the rules.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:19 PM

GT1T, you and shortline didn't set up any code or anything through which to communicate with the evils in thread? Did you guys decide it was too riskY?
Old 01-15-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chuck was the Child of Dark at that point. Neutrals can communicate with the Child of Dark. Chuck claimed Toth. No one was refuting that claim. Hmmm something might be up? I think it was pretty obvious we were trying to keep Chuckles alive. I have no idea why Bluff felt the need to use his power until death with Chuck being the secondary bandwagon. Chuck would have lived ass the fake Toth for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to use it until death, but I thought if I could off two of them, evils would be better off, and possibly in a spot to win outright. After my first kill went through that day, I had a 50/50 shot at killing myself, so I took it, and didn't get lucky.

Thanks for modding VR/Jared, lots of fun.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:28 PM

GT1T, I totally understand what you are saying. Clearly the evils thought the neutrals were going to do something, and you thought that we should have taken the initiative (with good reason, as you outlined). I'm sure it was equally frustrating for all of us.