Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: People with the most stuff-filled days (inspired by El D)

Dude, he's 75+ by some accounts. Of course he's had time to do all this stuff.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:24 PM

I am amazed his schedule is amazing to you guys. If you replace poker with say....video games, his schedule is basically mine. Although he probably works 10 more hours per week than me. Anyways, maybe he is lying? Or maybe not. I know that most successful people have a lot of energy and are very organized(this does not mean tidy).
Old 10-19-2006, 09:43 PM

seems doable to me.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 PM

ollie,

I am very smart.

I have an incredible memory.

The combination of those things lets me find pretty much any piece of information on either 2+2 or on the web with a single search. I could probably w/ keywords find just about every post I have written on 2+2 if you asked me to. Same thing w/ just about anything I have ever read on the web, I can usually remember enough keywords to find it w/ a single Google search. I can generally both recall and find information faster than just about anyone.

I multitask a lot. I am never just posting or reading 2+2. I am most often on a phone call, oftentimes also chatting w/ multiple people at the same time, plus emailing back and forth with a few. This is why I don't participate in forums like Politics, Philosophy, etc. that would require me to devote a large degree of concentration to my writing.

I stay up late. (I usually go to sleep around 2am and get up around 8-8:30).

I generally do things very fast, whether that be read, type, solve problems, whatever. Haha, now this sounds like the debate thread, but if I can answer 50 emails in the time it takes most people to answer 10, obviously I'll be able to get a lot more done. In an average workday I probably respond to over 100 business emails, have 2-4 phone calls, 1 or 2 in-person meetings, am involved in some type of contract negotiation or creation, have some sort of sales activity, and generally am involved in some sort of marketing document or product strategy creation.

As kipin said, there are certain things I know a lot about, and those are the topics I usually post about.

I don't watch very much TV, and I watch it on my schedule w/ Tivo.

I keep a task list in Outlook and anything I need to do goes on that list. I am not a believer in productivity methodologies/systems, but I am a believer in lists.

As to the things you listed, I don't have time to do all that you listed. A few clarifications....

I am a full-time entrepreneur now, running a company fulltime (working 60+ hours a week on that) plus I'm involved in a handful of others in various roles. I am not currently doing any active investing.

I have barely played any poker in the last six months. Time-wise, I basically had time for either exercise or poker, and chose exercise.

I have barely volunteered at all in the last two years. This is probably my #1 priority to change right now.

Other than that, yeah, I make time to do all that stuff, as well as a few things you didn't list.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:54 PM

El D,

What sort of volunteer work do you do/have you done, and which did you find the most rewarding? I've been thinking about what it'd be like to do a big brother type thing.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could probably w/ keywords find just about every post I have written on 2+2 if you asked me to.

[/ QUOTE ]

10k prop bet
Old 10-19-2006, 09:57 PM

Is your mega-memory just a natural gift or did you have to work at it in some way? I read more than just about anybody I know, but I suck royally at remembering most of what I've read. I also don't remember a lot of people/events/things that most other people recall easily.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:59 PM

Eld,
are you married? if not do you plan on it one day? children? where do you live? what kind of car(s) do you have? tks.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:12 PM

I recognize the style and rhythm.

Fundamental TAG? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 10:13 PM

ElD,

Do you read a lot of books? If so, what types and around what time in your schedule do you read (i.e. before bed)?