Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

why are some questions here answered and ones before it arent?
it seems like all the interesting questions that i would like to know the answer to are being ignored, while the easy boring ones are instad. i know this is going to obv be ignored but has anyone else noticed this?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:50 AM

at nl10 and nl25 I fold pretty much anything to check minraises. This stems from staking off with AK TPTK many many times. Is this bad?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:51 PM

Roughly how many hands do you want on yourself in your database before deciding that you have a fairly accurate number? If I am doing well at NL25 for say 25000 hands, is that a decent indicator that its time to move up? This is of course assuming I am properly rolled with at least 20 buy ins.

<font color="blue"> Baluga whale said that when attempting to move up, play 25,000 hands at the current level, evaluate, and decide. I say you should move up when you feel you are ready. When you are ready you will know </font>
Old 10-30-2007, 05:43 AM

I think one of my biggest "leaks" would be tableselection. I play on FTP so Spadeeye or whatever is out of the question and SixthSense is just absurd for price, especially if you are a uNL or SSNL player (I moved to uNL to fix leaks).

What type of things are you doing when it comes to table selection? I am thinking about just using FTTO to open up 10-12 tables and joining/joining waiting list for the best looking tables.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:34 PM

Okay I am having trouble understanding what exactly poker tracker stats even mean on villains. Could someone give me a rough idea what exactly the vpip/pfr/AF represent? I know what they literally mean, but like I am having trouble in spots figuring out if someone is loose aggro, loose passive, tight aggro, or tight passive. For example, I am unsure how to classify a 24/14/2.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:52 PM

Where can I post about looking for a coach? I didn't want to make a new thread for it in uNL unless its allowed. I saw the list in SSNL, but I'm only playing 10 and 25NL right now and they are expensive. Are there any good, affordable coaches for uNL?

<font color="blue"> This is a really sensitive subject, ill expand when I has the sober </font>
Old 10-31-2007, 01:22 AM

Ok, definite noob question: I noticed in some earlier posts (mostly related to moving to 6-max) that they refer to the HUSH forum. What is that (Heads Up ...)? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:26 AM

^^^^^^^^
I think this is what you're looking for, under 'Other Poker'
Heads Up
Old 11-02-2007, 10:39 AM

i feel dumb asking this, but [censored] it:

i have 9 outs with a flush draw on the flop. apparently with 9 outs i have 20% equity. y is it 1/4 to hit though? is that with 2 cards?

so if that's the case, by the turn, if i ahven't hit it yet i still ahve 9 outs, so it should be 1/5 to hit the river. correct?

also, by outs, can someone list off my equity %'s? also does it change per street?

2 cards to come:

6 outs = 12.5%
9 outs = 20%, etc

1 card to come: (?)
Old 11-02-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel dumb asking this, but [censored] it:

i have 9 outs with a flush draw on the flop. apparently with 9 outs i have 20% equity. y is it 1/4 to hit though? is that with 2 cards?

so if that's the case, by the turn, if i ahven't hit it yet i still ahve 9 outs, so it should be 1/5 to hit the river. correct?

also, by outs, can someone list off my equity %'s? also does it change per street?

2 cards to come:

6 outs = 12.5%
9 outs = 20%, etc

1 card to come: (?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Rule of 2 and 4:

2 cards to come - Your equity is your number of outs times 4. So 9 outs on the flop means you have about 9*4 = 36% equity in the pot (assuming you go to showdown).

1 card to come - Your equity is your number of outs times 2. So 9 outs on the turn gives you 9*2 = 18% to hit on the river.

You can use the 2 rule on the flop instead of the 4 rule if you think your reverse implied odds are high (e.g. your villain will bet big into you on the turn and you don't want to commit just yet).

You need to adjust your equity up slightly when you have a small number of outs, e.g. if you have 2 outs on the turn your equity isn't 2*2 = 4%, but probably more like 7-8% or so.

You also need to adjust down slightly if you have a large number of outs, e.g. you have 13 outs on the flop your equity isn't 13*4 = 52%, but more like 48-49%.

Of course, the difference between 52% and 49% isn't substantial, and the difference between 4% and 7% also isn't substantial. Using the 2 and 4 rule to estimate your equity is close enough in almost all real-world situations.

You have to remember to discount your outs based on your opponent's range, cards you suspect are no longer in play, and redraw possibilities for your opponent (e.g. you make a flush on a paired board, he has a chance of filling up).
Closed Thread