Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Get your n00b out, uNL--Volume 2

[ QUOTE ]
I've been offered a staking deal for the Sunday million where two higher stakes players pay for my entry into 10 sunday mill's and we split the overall profit 25/75 with makeup.
Do you think this seems like a fair deal, as I am pretty unsure whether I should accept or not :/

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you wouldn't have to pay anything unless you cash? This would be a freeroll for you then, i don't see why you wouldn't play.. unless you think your time is better spent doing something else.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:50 PM

What is your 3-bet range: ep (noon-existent in 6 max), mp, lp, sb, bb.

I usually only 3-bet QQ+, AK. And it doesn't really matter to me what position since these hands are so strong. I have been hearing more that 3-betting small-mid pocket pairs from the blinds is better than just calling. What is the thinking behind this? I play 10NL.

Thanks for the Get your n00b out post.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been offered a staking deal for the Sunday million where two higher stakes players pay for my entry into 10 sunday mill's and we split the overall profit 25/75 with makeup.
Do you think this seems like a fair deal, as I am pretty unsure whether I should accept or not :/

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you wouldn't have to pay anything unless you cash? This would be a freeroll for you then, i don't see why you wouldn't play.. unless you think your time is better spent doing something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, but with the makeup (If I make a profit in one tourney I have to pay for the buyins of the other tourney's before getting into profit) and the 25%, I do kinda wonder if its worth the time. I didn't mention that its gonna involve similar stakes live tournies too, which is going to be 30/70 instead. Just about to go play a £100 live tourney so I think I'm going to do it, although I do wonder if I'd be better off just multitabling 100nl, since I can't really expect a massive ROI from these tournies with the 25%.
Meh just need to think it through properly!, ty for the response
Old 10-26-2007, 12:56 PM

Moved post so it was *Grunched*

What is your 3-bet range: ep (noon-existent in 6 max), mp, lp, sb, bb.

I usually only 3-bet QQ+, AK. And it doesn't really matter to me what position since these hands are so strong. I have been hearing more that 3-betting small-mid pocket pairs from the blinds is better than just calling. What is the thinking behind this? I play 10NL.

Thanks for the Get your n00b out post.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:12 PM

Could one of you define "stack-a-donk" for me? Does it refer to a specific play, like raising all-in on the turn to a small donk bet? Or is it just generic term?

<font color="green">Stack-a-donk is a line. You PFR and get called by someone behind you so you are OOP. You bet the flop and get called. Then you check raise the turn all-in. </font>
Old 10-26-2007, 02:40 PM

Hi folks,

I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, and I figured this would be as good a place as any to make my first post.

What does "spew" or "spewy" mean? Is it too loose-aggressive?

Also, what does QFT mean?

Thanks in advance. Already learned lots from reading and looking forward to joining in.

<font color="green">[b]Spew means to throw money into a bad situation. QFT = Quoted For Truth. </font>
Old 10-26-2007, 02:52 PM

Thanks for doing this mods. I have a noob odds question.

Earlier today I was playing 10nl and I was dealt 77 OTB, I open raised, the SB 3 bet pot and then the BB cold called. SB has a half buy-in stack, BB has a full stack. Do I have the implied odds to set mine?

<font color="blue">Size of hte raises matter </font>
Old 10-26-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for doing this mods. I have a noob odds question.

Earlier today I was playing 10nl and I was dealt 77 OTB, I open raised, the SB 3 bet pot and then the BB cold called. SB has a half buy-in stack, BB has a full stack. Do I have the implied odds to set mine?

<font color="blue">Size of hte raises matter </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised to 0.35c on button, SB raised to 1.15$, BB cold called. SB had around 6$ left, BB and me both had ~12$. Sorry for being unclear before.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:16 PM

What is "Aggression Factor" in PT/PAHUD? How is it calculated and how should it be interpreted?

<font color="blue">Check this thread, im pretty sure this was answered. If not the formula is in PT </font>
Old 10-26-2007, 06:42 PM

Is there a hand converter which will allow me to enter hands and bet sizes myself. So I can convert and hand from a live game and display it online? If so, where?
Closed Thread