Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: lol going blind at 22: surgery trip report

[ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, OP can't get BJ's or have sex so that's out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? If so that sucks man. And I got to say your a stronger person than me OP, I can not imagine going through that surgery being able to see what was happening. They would need to knock me the [censored] out.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:24 PM

ty for making me not be able to put in my contacts today!

nice post.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:24 PM

Op,

I can't remember if I told you this before, but following my stroke, I had strabismus. It was corrected via surgery. I too, was awake for the entire thing. That pain that we felt as a result of stitching is unlike any other pain on Earth. Totally, totally different and weird.

It's good to hear that you went through the surgery and are now on the road to recovery. When you're feeling down about all the things you can't do NOW, think about all the things you wouldn't have been able to do if you'd forgone the surgery and gone blind. Compare the lists, and you'll see you made the correct choice.

In all truth, I do things EVER DAY that my docs have told me I'm not supposed to, because I've chosen to live. Let yourself heal, and then live your life. The choices you make, and the consequences they yield are yours.

You're gonna be totally fine, dude. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:44 PM

u owe me lunch. mine came up somewhere around the "eye stiches" part.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:07 PM

i cringed so many times reading this, but it's a good read.

thanks for the update OP, i read the last thread the first time around, and was hoping for an update. i hope things continue to get better for you.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you're going through a tough time with the surgery and [censored] but I really don't see how you have a legitimate reason to hate your parents. That's the way dads work dude, they criticize you so you can learn from it (to a certain extent). I'm sure you'll be doing it to a certain extent as well. I really don't see how you have a right to hate your parents or w/e, they prolly love you to death, are caring for you in your time of desperation, and are basically doing everything to make you feel better (what I took out of it.)

That said, I'm glad you did well with your surgery. But you're descriptions had me wincing and shuddering and I got goosebumps, so you did a good job as a writer.

[ QUOTE ]

fwiw i think that you should tell your gf that no sports left a hole in your life that she can't fill. post a tr.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, OP can't get BJ's or have sex so that's out of the question.

But yeah, sorry if I was too harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was kinda the conclusion I was coming to in terms of my parents; I know they love me and I know I am partially an a-hole for even considering taking them for granted. However, in a vacuum isolated from the eye issue, I still think that I have a valid reason to have some problems with them.

The most simple way to sum it up is, they are uber catholic. My whole youth was built around shaming me, and when I got old enough to realize my place in the world, I found them to be totally intolerant, ignorant people based on a real world model. The best example of this is that they obviously don't believe in premarital sex, which I understand why they are into it, but I really would rather boink my gf, and even in college they would try to stop me (tell me if i went up to UW madison to see my gf and they found out, they would pull me out of college). When I have kids, I want them to grow up around some kind of religion just to teach them values, but then let them grow into what suits them, as a result of my parents.

BTW, I said no sexytime in the other thread, but turns out it's alright, I just have to be careful [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 01:02 AM

Is it possible maybe that you're going blind from jerking it too often? Maybe you can consider this surgery as a big F-U to God. Jerk on, dude, jerk on.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:27 AM

gl man, congrats on a successful surgery
Old 10-27-2007, 02:48 AM

No pun intended here...

Look at the bright side.......Vision!!!!

Good luck man.

I wish you well.