Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: 2/4 plo8 bodog OOP

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think your flop play was that bad

I think it's fairly bad. Check/calling tells you nothing about where you're at. Lots of hands will bet here if checked to, including AALx hands. You're also giving potential free cards to a low draw. I think it's a pretty rare situation where check/call is the right line to take on flopping low trips. Even check/raise would be better than check/call, but then you're in trouble if opponent does have A2wx; which is why I prefer bet/fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying its the best play and definitely not standard, but I would say that there are times when you should check call the flop intending to checkraise a lot of turns.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:24 AM

I'll probably check. Man in the middle rule for me. Give villian chance to bet and other limper chance to act. Yields the most amount of information. Given the nature of the game, the other limper could actually have had a better hand then the villian. Villian on button vs two limpers. Can have a wide variety of hands and not necessary a low drawing hand. While other limper probably has some type of two way hand.

I don't mind if it gets checked around either. Good for pot control.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:31 AM

Doesn't matter, unavoidable. Only way out was to C/R flop and get villian to fold. Once you C/C, you were doomed, unless deep stacked and could lay it down on the turn to a raise of a PSB.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:35 AM

You're not going to pull off a check raise on the turn and have the winning hand here. You could C/C the flop, Check the turn, then value bet the river vs. AA, but with the low draw out there, you really want to shut down the hand as soon as possible.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not going to pull off a check raise on the turn and have the winning hand here. You could C/C the flop, Check the turn, then value bet the river vs. AA, but with the low draw out there, you really want to shut down the hand as soon as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can. If I didn't think I would be able to c/r the turn and get it in good most of the time (or lead to make a nit fold unimproved trips) then check calling is as bad as check folding, actually worse in a lot of cases. I find a lot of players that will two-barrel with a naked A3 then can't get away from it. It's also a good move against someone if you've been caught trying to bluff him off his likely AA previously.