Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 03-31-2007, 01:06 PM

Default A couple of new draw tournaments at PokerStars

This afternoon at 14:15 ET, PokerStars will be running a $8+0.80 "Double Chance" PL 5CD tourney. Apparently the gimmick is that there is one rebuy available, which cannot be used unless you go completely bust. There is no add-on. I'll probably try this event even though I'm pretty skeptical about the "Double Chance"; it seems to me that one should be allowed to use their rebuy at the break even if they have not gone bust. I don't know if this will be a regular event or not; I've seen the "Double Chance" run with different games and I think Stars is rotating games with this event.

Also, I received an email from Mike Jones and a $1+0.10 Limit Draw event will be part of the regular schedule, beginning on Monday April 2. It will be at 14:30 ET-which is the exact same time that the $1 Draw event that Planet Poker had been running for years. I won't get to play this event much, but it should be a cheap introduction to draw tourneys for someone who has never played them before.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: A couple of new draw tournaments at PokerStars

Thanks,

A draw rebuy would be pretty awesome.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:31 PM

i wonder when stars will add some higher buyin limit draw around primetime...
Old 03-31-2007, 08:05 PM

SOrry I missed it Tom.

Do you know if they will be running these all 7 days of the week?

Is there a specific person at pokerstars that I could mail to find out about these or to mail suggestions to?

THanks again sir.

JC
Old 04-01-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i wonder when stars will add some higher buyin limit draw around primetime...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-01-2007, 10:33 PM

The $1.10 limit draw at 14:30 is daily starting tomorrow. As far as the $8.80 Double Chance, yesterday was the only time I've ever seen it run or be scheduled for draw. I think Stars had been running the Double Chance with a different game every day, but I don't see any Double Chances on the schedule for next week, in draw or any other game. I'm not sure why, as the $8.80 Double Chance PL Draw drew twice as many players as the $11 PL Draw schedule an hour before it.

The draw tourneys (and especially the 2-7 Triple Draws) have lost some players from a few months back, when they were first introduced, particularly the $22 events (which start a bit late for me). I doubt that Stars will be adding any more draw MTTs, especially larger buy-in events, as the larger buy-in MTTs in just about anything other than NLHE are attracting pretty small fields. We can email Stars, of course. I'd suggest maybe asking for a once-a-week larger buy-in draw tourney (maybe with a $40 or $50 buy-in) might be a good tactic. I think Saturday afternoon might be a good time, since that could attract Americans and Euros and wouldn't conflict with the sacred Sunday majors.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:22 AM

Maybe just bump up the limits a few dollars on the ones they have now? Add another $10 or $15 dollar one around 7-8-9-or-10 PM Eastern time.

Still would draw around 150 players I would think?

The $22 when it started used to get around 140 players if I remember. Now if we want to play primetime we have a $5PL (took third tonight!) or a $4 limit

I would like a $10 or more pot limit, maybe that double chance? Perhaps an $8 limit tourney?

Do you think that would make a big difference in the amount of sign ups?

THanks Tom.

JC