Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Pokerstars has best support? Not this time...

Those who have played (or observed) games like 50-100 or 100-200 on Pokerstars are probably familiar with one of the software's few longstanding bugs.

Broke railtards have the ability to temporarily occupy open seats. They can simply click on those seats, and a "buyin" popup will appear on their screen. In the meantime, it will allow that user to occupy the seat -- even if they have no money in their account. After about 30 seconds, if the player does not (or cannot) buy in, it will release the seat, but the player can simply repeat the process immediately and basically hog up an open seat for as long as they want. This is incredibly annoying if you want to join the game, or if you're interested in switching to that seat. There's also no way to get on the waiting list as this is occurring, so players can basically be shut out of entering a game by annoying railtards doing this.

Last night, one of those obnoxious railtards, lady_k071, was doing this for at least 10 minutes straight. I warned the person to stop, but obviously they didn't care. I e-mailed support about this, and the following retarded exchange occurred:

================================================== =========

To: Stars support

Dear support,

A railbird named lady_k071 is intentionally blocking the final seat at 100/200 table Vela by sitting and not actually buying in. He/she has been doing this for about 10 minutes repeatedly, stopping anyone else from joining that 6th seat.

(Within the next hour, I saw HostPerrinoS basically doing the same thing that lady_k071 was. I assumed he was testing the ability to do this. He wrote the following afterwards

To: Dan Druff

Hello Todd,

Thank you for your e-mail.

I just arrived at the table and find out everything is back to normal again.

Sorry for the delay, but it's extremely busy at moment. However, I really appreciate your feedback, and wish you all the best on the table!

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Perrino
PokerStars Support Team

Perrino,

I saw what you at the table, and what you were doing was EXACTLY what the user I was reporting was doing, except he was doing it over and over, and for a much longer period of time, effectively blocking that seat.

Are you going to do something about the user in question? You can ask the others at the table at the time about it if need be.

================================================== ==========

(Now, about 12 hours later, I got back this incredibly stupid response from some clueless tard who skimmed the e-mail and tried to quickly guess at what was happening.)

To: Dan Druff
Hello Todd,

Thank you for your email.

I can see you and lady_k071 are no longer seated at the tables.

Please note, we do not have restrictions regarding players being forced to play or leave. However, if someone is regularly disrupting the game, we will send them a non-binding request asking them to be more considerate,
perhaps paying better attention to the game they are attempting to sit on to ensure they have enough to buy-in.

Thank you for choosing PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time you need anything.

Regards,

Pasquale
PokerStars Support Team

================================================== ==========

Please pay attention to my e-mail, as I was NOT complaining about a user sitting at the game and not playing.

I would also like this forwarded to a manager, as it exposes a flaw that has existed in the Pokerstars software for a long time that allows broke railbirds to disrupt high limit games.

lady_k071, to my knowledge, does not have enough money to buy in to 100/200. In fact, I assume this user has little or no money in their account. However, Pokerstars has a flaw that allows them to temporarily occupy a seat WITHOUT buying in. They can click on the seat, the buyin window will come up asking them how much they wish to buy in for (even if their account is broke), the seat will display their name (with no money), and they can just leave that window sitting up until the software forces them out of the seat about 30 seconds later. Some users with no money like repeatedly doing this, thereby "blocking" open seats from users who want to sit there.

This is exacly what lady_k071 was doing, and he/she was doing it for about 10 minutes straight, thereby preventing a 6th person from joining the game.

This was a clear case of disrupting the table, and NOT a matter of a player sitting out who just doesn't feel like sitting in yet. It was also clearly not a matter of someone accidentally trying to sit into a game where they didn't have the proper buyin. After all, lady_k071 was REPEATEDLY exploiting that software flaw, as I explained in my previous letters.

There is a simple fix for this. Pokerstars should NOT allow a player to occupy a seat -- even temporarily -- unless their account has the minimum buyin required for the table.

Once again, please forward this to a manager.

I expect players who are clearly disrupting the game (who also lack the funds to play there) to be warned and their accounts closed if they continue. If the "rights" of these broke railbird trolls are more important to Pokerstars than the rights of the players at your high limit games, then I will cash out my money from Pokerstars and take my business elsewhere.

Also, I would appreciate if, in the future, you read my complaints more carefully before responding with nonsense like what was just sent to me.

-Todd Witteles aka "Dan Druff"
Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars has best support? Not this time...

why don't you cry about it?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:01 PM

tl;dr
Old 11-19-2007, 11:03 PM

pms
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 PM

Dan Druff you are a male bitch.

druff you are a one man wrecking crew.

nice to know they thoroughly read my emails
Old 11-19-2007, 11:20 PM

OMG, this is my crowning glory....druff, if u take away my ability to Broke-Seat-Hop, i will forever curse u to the firey bowels of the underworld!!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:22 PM

why cant you just wait until the thirty seconds is up and ninja click the empty seat?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why don't you cry about it?

[/ QUOTE ]