Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2007, 07:23 PM

Default A big hand with a maniac and a TAG...

I'll be honest. By the Turn I was completely at sea. All comments appreciated.

MP2 is a 96/60 maniac over 60 hands. Preflop raise seems compulsory if no-one has raised before him. He's lost c30 bbs in the time I've been at the table.

BB seems to be a TAG or maybe a little LAG by his stats, (25/13 over 40) but I've got no read on his showdowns.

1/2 Limit Holdem
9 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Hero is Button and dealt 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pre-flop: (1.5 SB, 9 players)
<font color="#777777">3 folds</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#777777">2 folds</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 4-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls

So, MP2's raise is compulsory, I re-raise to isolate and BB's call is an unpleasant surprise. It's also hard to read his range fromn the cold call because MP2 is very likely to re-raise, as he does.- I can't exclude a big pair, or just decent broadway cards.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12.5 SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BTN 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 4-bets</font>, BTN calls, BB calls

Did I mention MP2 has a through the roof PF AF? You're not surprised? OK, so BB is showing some strength by leading off. At this stage I'm disergarding MP2's raise, and given my low overpair, I need to raise to a) see if BB folds to two bets with OC's (he shouldn't but a lot do.) b) see if he raises me which would indicate the flush or over pair. Naturally he cold calls, and the Maniac caps.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (12.2 BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BTN 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 4-bets</font>, BTN calls, BB calls

What, so now BB decides to lead again? OK. I can't see how that 5 improves any hand range I can put BB on. I still have no clue if he's on OCs or a pair. This raggy flop is making MP2 seem more dangerous, but I can't assume he's got a 9 or 78, because he crazeee. So I raise again, to see how BB reacts. He calls again. Mp2 takes the chance to cap, and we all call. By now I'm worried that MP2 really does have a 9 or 78 or that BB is using me to get some extra bets for his monster hand.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (24.2 BB, 3 players)
BB checks, MP2 checks, BTN checks

The 7 means I'm now beaten by an an 8, a 9, JJ, QQ, KK AA, 66, 55, 77. Suddenly they decide to check. I check,not out of any rationale about only better hands calling me, or because I want to avoid the three bet, but because it's the quickest way to end the horror.

So- I'm open for critique on every aspect of my play in this hand.

Was I too aggro on early streets? How should I have handled BBs strange line and MP2's mania? Should I have grown a pair on the river?