Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Position Plays - Making Moves ????

First of all I know these moves are unique to diffrent players and I know alot of them are kept in confidentiality due to their strength.

In a recent article, BeLOWaBOVe mentioned that Ozzy87 told him alot of things to consider like
almost always Raising when you're in early position in a short handed game...

Watching Annette_15 play that 4.40 blind, was truly inspirational and seriously opened a new dimension of poker to me, that has again made poker playing fun.

Just by watching the video and trying diffrent things out I have managed to build nice stacks, and make it deeper into tournaments more consistently.

My question is, are there any article/books that pertain to this subject. Do any of you pro's plan on writing an article...

I would really like to develope my game, in order to move out of the mirco's and at least into the $30-$10 MTT range.

I know alot of this is usually obtained through a mentor, but unfortunatly I'm the only person in my close group of friends who takes poker seriously. I really lack a person I can intelligently bounce ideas off of.

So any help would be greatly appriciated.

ie) On topics like ...

Position Raises, Position Reraises, Stacks to consider raising, Things to look for in order to take good notes, stealing situations ... etc...etc...

Alot of these aren't covered in books such as Harington On Hold'em. They convinently leave out all the creative juice....

That is all for now ... And thanks in advanced... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Position Plays - Making Moves ????

I'd check out the MTT Strategy forum under Tournament Poker if you haven't yet. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post3436856