Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2006, 12:06 PM

Default Re: weekday WW redux

Re: Seer strategy

To be honest, I'd rather just let the seers do their own thing. I don't particularly want to restrict their options, nor do I want the wolves to get an idea which people are getting looked at. These kinds of things could go a long way into helping them figure out who is doing the seeking. Besides, this is going to be a long game; there are a lot of players. It's very unlikely that the seers will have more than maybe one pick in common until much later in the game, by which point both of them probably won't be alive anyway.

Also, I vote hornacek.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:07 PM

Okay, it's Day 1, but I am already a bit suspicious of:

1)The new kinder, gentler Hornacek. You unignored Scott Howard? Wolf or religious experience?

2)Iron_Yuppie...do you always try so hard?
Old 05-03-2006, 12:08 PM

I love how I'm getting votes for unignoring Scott Howard. Cheers!
Old 05-03-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Seer strategy

To be honest, I'd rather just let the seers do their own thing. I don't particularly want to restrict their options, nor do I want the wolves to get an idea which people are getting looked at. These kinds of things could go a long way into helping them figure out who is doing the seeking. Besides, this is going to be a long game; there are a lot of players. It's very unlikely that the seers will have more than maybe one pick in common until much later in the game, by which point both of them probably won't be alive anyway.

Also, I vote hornacek.

[/ QUOTE ]

wolf

wdc gave us a perfect strategy...Seer 1 sees the top half of the list (anybody they want in there) and Seer 2 sees the bottom half of the list (anybody they want in there)

therefore the wolves get NO information (other than there will be an even mixing of seeing top and bottom half players

this is a HUGE advantage for us; the fact that you are downplaying it and even saying don't do it means i vote for alex levin
Old 05-03-2006, 12:11 PM

and even with my original selections, NO info was given to the wolves to 'go a long way into helping them fingure out who is doing the seeking'

so that point is defintely moot
Old 05-03-2006, 12:14 PM

Nicholas,

Explain to me how it is a "HUGE advantage," and I'll stop downplaying it. If I'm a seer, and my top 3 suspects are all on the bottom of the list, I don't want to be restricted to the top of it.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nicholas,

Explain to me how it is a "HUGE advantage," and I'll stop downplaying it. If I'm a seer, and my top 3 suspects are all on the bottom of the list, I don't want to be restricted to the top of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a huge advantage because we can ensure that the seers never see the same person.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2)Iron_Yuppie...do you always try so hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the impression IY tries to play the exact same way from game to game. Unfortunately, instead of trying to act like a villager when he's a wolf, he acts like a wolf when he's a villager. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2006, 12:20 PM

it allows for us to have as much info as possible...if we get to day 6 without a seer dying, then that's 9 different sights that they had...if we let them choose as they wish, then they may have the same 'top 3 suspects' and duplicate info...worst case, it's like having 1 seer...it's better to have them see different people...this was discussed in the previous thread as well, but with no way to differentiate the seers, we couldn't do it...now that we have a way to differentiate them, we can ensure they don't see the same people (except that if seer 1 saw someone on the bottom half of the list last night, then that one person may be duplicated)...and by allowing them to choose who they see from that large group, they can still go after suspects AND the wolves can't pick off their sights
Old 05-03-2006, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wdc gave us a perfect strategy...Seer 1 sees the top half of the list (anybody they want in there) and Seer 2 sees the bottom half of the list (anybody they want in there)

therefore the wolves get NO information (other than there will be an even mixing of seeing top and bottom half players

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't understanding the point of your conversation until now. This is defintely good for us. Strategy may have to change as time passes on, but we can at least adddress seer 1 and seer 2. If we want them to look at certain people we can definitely point that out to them. Bob is going to be pissed that he doesn't get to unveil his master plan. But I still vote for him anyway.