Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Funny story

I was playing at local BM this past weekend. There's a 40 something Vietnamese guy at my table....a regular. He has a thick Vietnamese accent. So hand comes up where he's on the button and there are 3-4 people in front of him and it comes to him 3 bets. He's not reallly paying attention too much and he sees his friend ,whose name is Ray come into the poker room. SO he says somehwat loudly, "Ray! Ray!" and then he looks down at his cards again and mucks them. Then the other players start complaining that he has to put in 4 bets bc he raised! Then all hell breaks loose and Vietnamese dude denies raising and was merely calling his friend. Floor is called over and after going back and forth yelling and screaming, they make him put in the 4 bets!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Funny story

Pretty funny. Extremely unfair.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 PM

"Engrish" - the universal laguage.

ROFL

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 04:00 PM

Thats almost as funny as the guy that was meeting his friend Jack at the airport and yelled out "HI Jack!"
Old 01-23-2007, 04:08 PM

The Floor should be shot.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:26 PM

Excellent story.

Reminds me of something that happened to me a few months back. There was a guy playing who was on a cellphone talking to his secretary. And he says into the phone "By check?" I heard the word 'check' and so I checked. Then se says into the phone "Did he pay by credit card or by check?" and then proceeded to make a bet in the poker game. I said "Hey, you already checked." He said he didn't. I decided not to call the floor over and just let it go because I had a terrible hand.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent story.

Reminds me of something that happened to me a few months back. There was a guy playing who was on a cellphone talking to his secretary. And he says into the phone "By check?" I heard the word 'check' and so I checked. Then se says into the phone "Did he pay by credit card or by check?" and then proceeded to make a bet in the poker game. I said "Hey, you already checked." He said he didn't. I decided not to call the floor over and just let it go because I had a terrible hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

His hand should be killed for being on the phone [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 11:33 PM

Reminds me of the currency exchange joke. The punchline is "fluc you Amelicans too" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Excellent story.

[/ QUOTE ]

His hand should be killed for being on the phone [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When a sentence starts with "His can should be killed for..." it is wrong at least 99% of the time.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When a sentence starts with "His can should be killed for..." it is wrong at least 99% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're new to this intraweb thing, but the little smiley face in the text indicates that the writer is joking.