Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Default stud/8 - rolled 9s multiway

This is the first time I've played Seat 3 but I've already id'ed him as being pretty terrible, at least wrt hand selection, overplaying big pairs and being a big calling station.

Seat 5 is far and away the biggest loser in my db. Bigtime chaser and never bets without a monster hand and has never ever completed 3rd. He will play any pair and will very frequently call down UI.

Seat 6 is also new to me and don't have much of a read on.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (6.20 SB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

5th Street - (9.10 BB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (13.10 BB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls

River - (25.10 BB)

Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (29.10 BB - $58.20)
Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: stud/8 - rolled 9s multiway

I think you get value by raising fourth, fifth and river. Are you scared of his aces? On 4th you need to make low draws pay, and hope they fold or call and don't hit. Although I have no idea what the guy with 84 has
Old 10-16-2007, 07:47 PM

Im not a big stud/8 player, but why not raise the river. The odds are pretty long that Seat 3 actually has aces full since you caught an ace on the river.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not a big stud/8 player, but why not raise the river. The odds are pretty long that Seat 3 actually has aces full since you caught an ace on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tanked a while on this spot. Catching the Ace was certainly good for me but his play throughout the hand was just so strange. I felt like it was raise-worthy, but when in doubt I tend to shut down (probably a significant leak).
Old 10-16-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I tanked a while on this spot. Catching the Ace was certainly good for me but his play throughout the hand was just so strange. I felt like it was raise-worthy, but when in doubt I tend to shut down (probably a significant leak).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you have to raise the river, esp. w/ your read that he's bad, you could probably cap it. There's one A, 2, T left in the deck each so it's sooooooo unlikely that he's full. Plus you have enough people in to pad your odds even though there's, I'm sure, a low out (but who knows).

-ChipsAhoya
Old 10-16-2007, 08:28 PM

jam 3-7
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jam 3-7

[/ QUOTE ]

please raise every street

anyone who's any good at handreading already knows what you have, and anyone who doesn't will be happy to call 80000 more bets
Old 10-17-2007, 12:11 PM

Definitely raise fifth and seventh. Maybe raise fourth, too.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely raise fifth

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because he's unlikely to have split Aces because he didn't reraise 3rd?

[ QUOTE ]
please raise every street

anyone who's any good at handreading already knows what you have, and anyone who doesn't will be happy to call 80000 more bets

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do you decide when it's truly time to slow down? Just pound away until someone gives you a concrete reason to think you're behind?
Old 10-17-2007, 01:27 PM

A guy with a Nine in the door raises, Ten calls, and you have split Aces--what's your play? I'm going to guess that you raise. I certainly do. A live one who overplays big pairs is definitely going to. He doesn't have trips. You do. Get your money in there.