FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Neteller is giving in...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no worries

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, no worries...The bill will never pass.

Yeah, no worries...the bill doesn't do anything, it will have no impact.

yeah, no worries...Party makes WAY too much off American players...they aren't just going to stop letting them play, at least not anytime soon. They will figure a way around it.

Wait, what are we talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually have something constructive to add, or are you just going around trolling every thread on 2p2 about Neteller and online poker being banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

The replies in this thread are all, "Yawn." "No correlation." "No worries." and you jump down OP's throat for not adding anything constructive. LOL at that.

I don't understand why people don't see Neteller cutting off US players as a potential problem? Maybe someone can explain?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no worries

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, no worries...Party makes WAY too much off American players...they aren't just going to stop letting them play, at least not anytime soon. They will figure a way around it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually have something constructive to add, or are you just going around trolling every thread on 2p2 about Neteller and online poker being banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure...update me. How many of these threads are there, and how many have I posted in?

People with this "No worries, everything is, and always will be fine" is how we got where we are. People need to wake up and realize that just sitting by and assuming everything will work out fantastically is not going to lead to a profitable future.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no worries

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure...update me. How many of these threads are there, and how many have I posted in?

People with this "No worries, everything is, and always will be fine" is how we got where we are. People need to wake up and realize that just sitting by and assuming everything will work out fantastically is not going to lead to a profitable future.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is going to be accomplished by worrying?

ok ive woken up, the sky is falling. now what?

this situation is not in our control. getting worked up over it is silly, especially at this point when nobody really has any clue about what might be going on six months or even a week from now.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why people don't see Neteller cutting off US players as a potential problem? Maybe someone can explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more of a theoretical problem than an actual one right now. Neteller isn't, after all, cutting off US players. They've simply chosen to act as though they were within the jurisdiction of US law, and given that wait to see what US law requires of them. I don't think anybody's really surprised by this, though their timing stinks.

It's unfortunate that Neteller is not going to be willing to fight the jurisdictional battles that will be coming over UIGEA. But there was never much hope that they would be, and fortunately there are others who will.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All the sites have to do is create a deal with a bank to allow US customers to easily create an account with that bank. The law doesn't stop bank to bank transfers, just banks to gambling sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think there is a difference between
A. US banks transacting w/ gambling company (illegal) vs.
B. Us banks transacting w/ gambling company's banks?

I very much doubt it.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

B. Us banks transacting w/ foreign banks which happen to do business w/ gambling company?

Yes

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-19-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All the sites have to do is create a deal with a bank to allow US customers to easily create an account with that bank. The law doesn't stop bank to bank transfers, just banks to gambling sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

I very much doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a huge difference.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I very much doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think its simple for a US bank to cut off ties with a foreign bank? do you think that wouldn't cause a world of chaos and foreign relation issues?
Old 10-19-2006, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no worries

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is going to be accomplished by worrying?

ok ive woken up, the sky is falling. now what?

this situation is not in our control. getting worked up over it is silly, especially at this point when nobody really has any clue about what might be going on six months or even a week from now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2006, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Maryland. I've never been able to use Neteller. Despite this crippling handicap, I've still somehow managed to play poker online.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harv,

I'd be very interested to know where and what methods, especially with the departure of Firepay.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]