Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Pokertracker advice

First of all, Pokertracker seems to be a good program, I just haven't gotten around to buying it yet, I am thinking about it.
Is Pokertracker worth the $55(I play almost exclusively NLHE, I don't think I will get the other programs until later if I decide I need them)?
And second, for a strictly MTT, SnG player, what is the best way to automize for the most part everything PT does? I tried my free trial version but it was bitching about tourney summaries, do I have to manually request these from PS and such?

Thanks for everybody's input/help -P
Cheers!
John
Old 04-18-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Pokertracker advice

Buy it. And buy PokerAce HUD or something equivalent, too.

It will auto-request tournament summaries for you. Go under File, I think, and Manual Tournament Summary Entry or something like that (I'm not at my home computer right now, but it's something like that) and there's a button that says "auto request tournament summaries." Then it lists all the ones you're missing, and you can get them that way.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:32 PM

It's essential for record keeping, and I really enjoy it/need it for evaluatiing my play and stats and the like. It's also great to be able to have live stats for the players at my table in the middle of a tourney.

As far as automation.... I manually request all of my tourney summaries and copy and paste each e-mail into a word document and import. Probably takes me 3 minutes for 20 tourneys. But it's real easy to import hands from the main sites.

You'll be surprised by your results once you start plugging away at them. I was able to find some definite gaps in my game, look at where I was too loose, too tight, et cetera.

In general, it's worth much more than the $55.

Brad
Old 04-18-2006, 12:37 PM

All right it took exactly 2 replies for me to decide to buy this, thanks guys.