Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 12-01-2007, 12:55 AM

Default 55 stars turned the nuts how to get full value?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO (t13029)
Button (t6616)
SB (t5971)
BB (t10175)
UTG (t3228)
Hero (t7725)
MP1 (t4042)
MP2 (t11714)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t900</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t900, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1975) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1800</font>, CO calls t1800.

Turn: (t5575) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ?

how do we get the rest of our chips called?
a) check w intent to raise all in
b) bet small hoping he senses weakness
c) shove all in.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: 55 stars turned the nuts how to get full value?

With our early raise and big bet on the flop he probably put us on JJ+/AQ+ with one spade. And our big bet on the flop made his guess correct. It's funny though as harrington says, in these flops putting opponent on AsX(top pair) hand is good and we have the exact hand. If he called flop bet with knowing we have one high spade card, he has another one high spade card and probably a K or Q. Hmmm... I'm thinking but it seemed to me that if he has Ks or Qs he's coming with us no matter what, i can't put him on a set or straight on flop because he'd at least raised. You bet too big and he knows he can't keep the pot small and you're probably going all in on that hand. The only exception may be if he thinks we raised with JJ+/AQ+ and we don't have a spade and cbetting this flop, and is wondering if we have the guts to fire second barrel on the turn.

If we would have a read here, what kind of a player we're against, and bet 1200 on flop it would be better for us to divide our remaining stack to 2 betting street with good bets and extract the most value. I don't think at this position our 2k bet or check will show weakness and it looks like if he has a high spade he's calling our all in.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:38 AM

Sorry...but i have to say it...preflop really sucks.

Ok...that said, I don't think there's any way to get value from worse flushes if u bet the turn. There's no way CO isn't raising this flop with a set, so u don't have to worry about giving a free card. The real question here is what to do on the river if he checks behind on the turn. I think i'd lead the river for 1975 if the board isn't paired.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:12 PM

i bet 1500 on the turn a smaller bet than the flop which i almost never do. this is designed to 1.create confusion and 2. pot committ him a little more to call my river shove. he may read this small bet as weak and that i have to do something. it worked because he called and then called my shove w jack hi flush. he had flopped a flush and slow played me on the flop. he had j8 he got what he deserved calling raise w trash lol. oh and to the player who said preflop was terrible. on the surface it is but i had a very solid image at this tbl showing good hands and was not involved in any hands for awhile so my ep raise will get respect (guess it didn't) most of the time. i occasionally steal from ep usually when i have strong image and have been card dead (inactive)
Old 12-01-2007, 07:22 PM

You have about a PSB left ... so just shove all-in.
If villain called with a flush draw, all the money goes in anyway. If villain is afraid of the flush, he check/folds no matter what.

btw: fold PF
Old 12-01-2007, 07:25 PM

you don't have the nuts.... but none the less, I CRAI.