Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-30-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Luckyjimm busto

What a loser. So impulsive.

http://luckyjimm.blogspot.com/

Friday, 30 November 2007
Gambling my rent money was not a good idea. By breakfast without going higher than $1/$2 I'd lost £400 I could just about afford to lose, through bad play and beats. Having phoned the landlord yesterday for his bank details, I tried to transfer him the £450, only for the online banking website to say because of a new security measure I first needed a pin service card, which they would send me in the post. I foolishly made another deposit, in the knowledge that I have an £88 withdrawal coming through. Then when I lost that, I deposited again, telling myself I would win, withdraw, and pay my rent a few days late on Tuesday, using the pin card as my excuse. Although what would have stopped me from depositing the money again on Tuesday, I don't know.

As it is, I am now in for £815. I have £40 left in the bank, which I need to live on. My rent, which I said I'd pay today, is £450. I have $215 on a $2/$4 table. It was $550 a few minutes ago but I just fell for someone's weak lead and made a large turn bluff when my hand had missed and his had got there, and had to fold. There are two Buddylisted players on my table, though, so if I can keep my composure I'd like to stay here. It's hard, because another part of me thinks I should just cash out what I've got left, and see if a combination of friends will lend me the difference.

I ordered a replacement credit card yesterday, for one I have with a £400 limit. The pin came today, forwarded by my mother. Hopefully the card should come early next week, so I might potentially be able to use that.

This is the biggest disaster since the last big disaster! And so utterly unnecessary.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Luckyjimm busto

about [censored] time
Old 11-30-2007, 08:29 AM

The funniest part is he's only been living with his new room-mates for a week. Can't pay the rent after 1 week is gonna go down like [censored] sandwich.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:33 AM

Everything was going too well, wasn't it Jim? You had your trip to Paris, moved to city and all that. As much as people like to read Busto stories, I personally feel for you. People have said this before, but I say it again: You're playing way beyond your bankroll, and let's face it, your skill-level. Move down, enjoy playing risk-free and enjoy living in London, making easy money at an easy job.
Take care Jim
Old 11-30-2007, 08:35 AM

shocker
Old 11-30-2007, 08:37 AM

This is the most shocking news since the sun rose this morning.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:40 AM

bad br management?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:55 AM

this would be a sad story if he hadn“t told everybody how he spent like 1500 $ on a hooker about a week ago. knowing that, it“s just so funny i can“t stop loling. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

btw: he isn“t busto right now. give him 5 mins.

update btw:

Losing today's rent money was not a good idea. By breakfast without going higher than $1/$2 I'd lost £400 I could just about afford to lose, through bad play and beats. Having phoned the landlord yesterday for his bank details, I tried to transfer him the £450, only for the online banking website to say because of a new security measure I first needed a pin service card, which they would send me in the post.

I foolishly made a small deposit, in the knowledge that I have an £88 withdrawal coming through tomorrow. When I lost that, I deposited again, telling myself I would win, withdraw, and pay my rent a few days late on Tuesday, telling the landlord about the pin card as my excuse. Although what would have stopped me from depositing the money again on Tuesday, I don't know. I kept on depositing and losing.

Finally, I have lost £815. Looking at PokerTracker, I lost on 14 of the 15 tables on which I played, and "won" $26.97 on the other one. I did not cash out even once - paralysed by the thought of how much I had already lost, I forgot that I would best recover my losses by withdrawing incrementally, not in one go. I have just £40 in the bank which I need to live on. My rent, which I said I'd pay today, is £450. Five minutes ago I had $550 on a $2/$4 table but it's now gone.

I ordered a replacement credit card recently for one with a £400 limit. The pin came today, forwarded by my mother. The card should come early next week, so I may potentially be able to use that.

This is the biggest disaster since the last big disaster! And so utterly unnecessary. So in my first few weeks back in London I've lost all my money, broken my bike, on which I'm utterly dependent, and failed to go swimming more than once

Oh, and I started smoking again.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:57 AM

id really be shocked if people care about this...luckyjimm was never someone who has made a run or has ever been successful...to the best of my knowledge his biggest roll has been like 5K so is this really news?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the biggest disaster since the last big disaster! And so utterly unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Priceless!