Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: My roommate can be a POS sometimes!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my roommate likes to take these massive toilet exploding [censored].. then not flush the toilet. What kind of recourse do I have here?

[/ QUOTE ]

When my roommates make a mess, I try to make even more of a mess to make a point. Yeah, I'm probably a dick, but whatever, it makes me feel good. Last month the dishes in our sink sat there for 2 weeks and nobody would clean them. And I used to do the dishes just about everyday. My other roommate does the dishes like never. So to be a dick, I took the dishes from one side and piled them on the dishes of the otherside. I took the drain cover that had food in it, and I slammed it down on one of the plates so that the old, wet food would go all over the dirty dishes, I took some beer bottles and cans and put them into the sink, and then took an old pizza box that I had moved 2 TIMES! to try and get someone to take the trash out, and wedged it in between the dishes and the faucet, which was obvious.

The pizza box ended up getting thrown out, the beer cans never moved, and the dishes still didn't get cleaned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to do crap like that.. but it's my place, and he is a [censored] pig and doesn't seem to care. His room looks like a hurricane hit it. He has never bought a single household item, toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc. I'm thinking of taking the last roll of toilet paper and putting it in my bedroom, and making sure it runs out then.

ummmm isn't it illegal to make bombs?

[ QUOTE ]
ItalianFX,

I was driving to work this morning and I noticed a ton of Mercedes/other rich people cars have "I support the 11-99 foundation". Apparently the 11-99 foundation is some CHP organization people donate to to get these license plates. My question is, when you pull someone over and they have a license plate frame or bumper sticker saying something like "i support my local police department" how much less likely are they to get ticketed than your average driver? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know how to answer that because I never pulled someone over and ran into that situation. While I can't speak for the others, if you are considering buying one for that very reason, I can't see why it wouldn't be of benefit as it could make the difference between getting a ticket and not getting a ticket.

I'm sitting here trying to think about what I would do if I did run into something like that, and I really have no idea. I probably let more people go than I cite, so odds are that I would let them go, but that is only speaking for me personally.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The way your story goes it just seems like he is a drunk donk, who obv wasnt using his brain when it really mattered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is all the time. He only did it at the time to be funny because our friend was over here who we rarely ever see anymore. This isn't the first time he has done something completely stupid.

2 years ago he came back drunk from the bar and put a pot of macaroni on the stove. He then went and fell asleep on the couch only to set the smoke alarms off, and ruin our other roommates pot because the water had all boiled out and it was starting to burn the macaroni, with the burner on high obviously. If I wasn't here to go down and see what the hell was going on, I'm sure it could have been alot worse. Not to mention the 2 or 3 other times he has left the oven on after cooking something because the only thing he can think about is shoving that food down his throat. And then he tried telling me that leaving the oven on was no different than cooking a turkey. I had to explain to him that when a turkey is in the oven, the heat is going towards the turkey, not to heat up the oven to the point where the outside burner knobs are too hot to touch.

He's the type of guy who will get louder as more and more girls come around. He wants to be the center of attention and he makes little things into big deals. Last night we went to Sheetz (convenience store) to get some drinks and food before the Penguins game started and he ordered the wrong thing, but proceeded to get pissed at everyone else because he was impatient and walking around saying, "this is [censored] ridiculous" so that everyone can hear him. Also, at the Penguins game on Wednesday night, the Flyers scored 28 seconds into the game and he said "are you [censored] serious?" oblivious to the fact that an 8 year old kid was sitting right in front of him, where the kid's dad turned around and said something to him.

He also leaves the bread open when he's done with it and then it goes on and gets moldy and disgusting. Then he wonders why half the loaf goes bad before he can eat it. Or he'll use peanut butter and not put the top back on the container. And he has a thing of Pringles sitting on the counter without the lid on it. It has been sitting there all week. He has a one track mind and is only concerned with himself.

I could probably list several more things.

My point is that this isn't the first time I've had to deal with something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember when you used to find all these little idiosyncrasies adorable? You guys just need to reconnect. Go someplace nice, just the two of you. Do something special for each other - i.e. scrapbook of all your special times together.

Every relationship goes through these stages .. remember: Love is not a noun. It's a verb.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you stuck under a lease or something? The obvious best move for you is to get the f*** out of that place, but im sure you already know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah we are in a lease. I'm graduating in a couple weeks so I can put up with it for a little bit. I don't think I could stand having to put up with another semester with these two. I'm currently in the works of getting someone to sublease from me. However, if I can't, I'll have to pay the rent, but I won't be down here often.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He also leaves the bread open when he's done ... Or he'll use peanut butter and not put the top back on .... he has a thing of Pringles sitting on the counter without the lid on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are all grounds for an immediate pistol-whipping, ldo.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:36 PM

Be grateful, and always remember:

Old 11-09-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I try to do crap like that.. but it's my place, and he is a [censored] pig and doesn't seem to care. His room looks like a hurricane hit it. He has never bought a single household item, toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc. I'm thinking of taking the last roll of toilet paper and putting it in my bedroom, and making sure it runs out then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have taken toilet paper and brought it into my room before too. We have a pot scrubber that we use for all dishes, it's just easier to do the dishes that way. Anyways, so our old one was getting all torn up and getting old, and it was there for 2 weeks and neither of them took the initiative to go out and buy a new one.

We then ran out of toilet paper about 2 weeks ago and of course, they don't go out and get any so I said "[censored] it" and went and bought some. It was the thin stuff so that they don't use 1 roll per wipe, and my one roommate had the nerve to say, "Why didn't you get the soft stuff?" Seriously!?!?!? I said, "because I bought it so I am going to buy what I want to buy so that you and (our other roommate) don't use up an entire roll when you wipe your ass!"

Another thing that just pisses me off, when they use up the whole roll, they will get another roll out, but won't take the old cardboard roll of the toilet paper thing and throw it out. They'll just put the new roll on the counter. Geezus!

And then when our garbage gets full, they'll just keep trying to stuff boxes and whatever into it so that the bag starts to rip instead of taking it outside and getting a new bag.

I'm getting fired up now.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ummmm isn't it illegal to make bombs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I'm surprised nobody else heard it. I seriously thought the police were going to get called. My bedroom is right above the living room and it shook my room when it went off.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my roommate likes to take these massive toilet exploding [censored].. then not flush the toilet. What kind of recourse do I have here?

[/ QUOTE ]

When my roommates make a mess, I try to make even more of a mess to make a point. Yeah, I'm probably a dick, but whatever, it makes me feel good. Last month the dishes in our sink sat there for 2 weeks and nobody would clean them. And I used to do the dishes just about everyday. My other roommate does the dishes like never. So to be a dick, I took the dishes from one side and piled them on the dishes of the otherside. I took the drain cover that had food in it, and I slammed it down on one of the plates so that the old, wet food would go all over the dirty dishes, I took some beer bottles and cans and put them into the sink, and then took an old pizza box that I had moved 2 TIMES! to try and get someone to take the trash out, and wedged it in between the dishes and the faucet, which was obvious.

The pizza box ended up getting thrown out, the beer cans never moved, and the dishes still didn't get cleaned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm I wonder why you get stuck w/ POS roommates? He's prolly in OOT right now making a thread about HIS POS roommate.