Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Dining in Boston

hey guys, if you like feel free to extend this to cool bars to meet fun, hot girls. thanks!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:36 PM

Bars near Fenway (and more importantly BU):
Eastern Standard - definitely older than a college crowd, but good drinks
Game On - If there are any good games going on, it's probably the city's best sports bar
Old 11-09-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys, if you like feel free to extend this to cool bars to meet fun, hot girls. thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

you could have good night near Fenway by eating at Eastern Standard (great burger) and hanging at the bar there, or going right next door to the Foundation Lounge, which is a cool little trendy lounge which usual has girls of all varieties. or you could eat at Petit Robert, which is also pretty close, but Eastern Standard is more of a loud/bar/type place that could get you in da groove faster. that's a pretty good itinerary for 1 night.

another combo night would be eating upstairs at 33 (which is decent, but a scene) then going downstairs to the dance area, which is a good singles scene.

Gypsy Bar is a bit frattier, but still not too bad, and it's a huge place with bars/dancing that always has a lot of girls.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 PM

Or you could take a drive out to Frmaingham and go to the Melting Pot.

Reasons.

`1. They give you bread to dip in a vat of melted cheese.

2. They give you lobster tails and filet mignon to coat in batter and then dip in boiling oil.

3. They give you brownie and cheesecake pieces to dip in bubbling hot hazelnut chocolate.

Fonduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:07 PM

thanks again kbz, eastern standard sounds pretty good, i am partial to a great burger

haha noah that sounds sick. never tried anything like that before and am somewhat intrigued. daryn lives in woburn so we could easily check out the one in burlington. btw that website is off the chart cheesy

i urge you all to not ask for trip reports. diablo knows only too well the high probability that we are too lazy to actually eat at any of these places.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:16 PM

also, where is the best chowder in the city? legal is great but the portions aren't massive. i'm a big fan of joe's just because of the bread bowl. where else?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Border Cafe in Harvard Square is great if you want a cheap definitely not fancy tex-mex meal. I love Harvard Square, and I always end up eating here. Obviously not gourmet or on pace with the rest of the thread in that regard, but def. enjoyable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

This place is awesome. My friends and I went here at least once a month or more and we always had a competition to see who could consume the most chips.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:55 PM

also, if you're into cougars, check out Jury's, easily the cougar capital of Boston. not a bad bar in general, but the line can suck, get there early or risk having the bouncers tilt you
Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 PM

Game On! sucks. Yes there will be a decent amount of people there but 90% of them are douche hats, not to mention the bartenders are complete [censored] too. I have been kicked out of there more times then I care to remember for infractions varying from extremely minor to somewhat major. Place sucks, go next door to Cask N' Flagon where picking up chicks in their boom-boom room is rather easy.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:03 PM

P.S. I also have a good time in the back room at An Tua Nua on Beacon quite a few times later in the night. If you want to drink a crap load of beers go down commonwealth and turn onto Brighton Ave and hit up Sunset Grille, they have like 100 beers on tap and more in bottles.

Good steaks:
Burton Grille on boylston near Fenway.
The Stockyard - in Brighton on market st.