Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: one of the weirdest hands i\'ve played in a while

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop is fine I guess, but vs an unknown UTG raiser I'd be wairy, but as he flatcalles against 2 earlier flatcallers OOP, i guess he is not holding a monster. The one most likely to hold a slowplayed premium is the CO.
In this particular situation, a c-bet is fine i guess. This is like the best board you can get if you are holding TT.
No likely sets there except 88 and maybe JJ (which would be played harder preflop i guess).

So just c-bet $3 and see what happens. Check fold line is way to weak and you have shown massive strength preflop by 3betting a UTG raiser. So just continue showing massive strength.

If I get called and don't improve @ river ---> Hand is over for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though the CO/SB are apparently quite loose, you really think they are calling the 3-bet to an utg here, which as you said shows big strength, without strong/premium hands (or given its NL10 clunkier stuff like JQ, KJ)??

I dont see how betting into a big 4-way pot without any really strength/outs can be +EV here..
Old 11-08-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call pf for set value.

As played, I c/f. TT is not a strong hand on this board 4way. The pot is too big to bet/fold here. You are slightly ahead/way behind and if you bet and get called/raised you are likely way behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be the best play IF you called prf 4 setvalue, here I raised to be able to win the pot prf or w/ a cb.

As played I auto-contibet : I want to know if I'm ahead or behind, since it's checked to me and no one showed ne strength so far, calling won't be any good. Can't really reduce my hand to hope to spike a T on the turn / river or make a runner runner str8, and folding here is out of the question.
$3 should do the job, board is rainbow and not overly coordinated ( me holding TT and therefore blocking quite some str8 possibilities ) and doesn't give the impression I'm too eager to take it down. The mere fact that I bet ( even if contibet ) into a 4way pot shows enough strength on it's own, I wouldn't need to add more weight by the size here.

Fold to a raise obviously, if called proceed turn w/ caution...

rgz,
Mris

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont agree that noone has shown strength so far, UTG raise is strong and the calls of a 3-bet to utg raiser also implies strength..

I really dont think this line works here at 10NL. Players are calling with a wide range at this level and your pretty much shutting down on the turn if your called and dont spike a T. Putting a large bet into a 4-way pot like this without bigger strength or draws just isnt gonna be +EV..your just getting called/raised too many times here and even if its by a worse hand you are shutting down..
Old 11-08-2007, 11:32 AM

Grunch.

Board is very dry. There is only one good straight draw. While it's tough to do, I think you can still lead for $4 or so. UTG probably has PP < JJ which is an easy fold for him when you fire into 3 players. His other holdings are likely AK, AQ, AJs, KQs all of which missed except for AJ. If he's holding anything else, he missed.

Your super loose player has such a wide range that he probably missed anything he's going to stick around with. You are in a re-raised pot so he'll probably give you credit for a bigger hand. He's also the type of player that doesn't like calling big bets on these types of boards. He'll call with draws, but without any draws and only an underpair with A kicker and such, I think he folds a lot in the RR pot unless he holds a naked J, set, or J8. Your other foe probably is in a similar boat, and folds a lot on this board without the same holdings.

If you get a call, you can pretty much figure out exactly what your opponent has and play accordingly when you spike your ten on the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 11:36 AM

I bet about 3.25 and am done with the hand after that. I wouldnt bet much more than that as youre approaching the point where you commit yourself. I dont like checking here because obviously any A/K/Q is just terrible for you. Plus, a bet here could get called by say 99 or 77 even and since youre in position, you can then check the turn and ideally get to show down. If an overcard comes off on the turn, youre not getting any value from those lower pairs.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:37 AM

Everyone who's saying leading for 3.5-4$ ?
why so much?
what about a 1/2 pot bet?
Doesnt it accomplish it the same?
just asking
Old 11-08-2007, 11:38 AM

I was honestly just thinking about 1/2 pot but the problem is that it looks weak. Youre asking to get played back at for such a smaller bet usually.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was honestly just thinking about 1/2 pot but the problem is that it looks weak. Youre asking to get played back at for such a smaller bet usually.

[/ QUOTE ]

they have to push if they wanna play back [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 AM

Thats true, I guess there is some merit to 1/2 pot, I originally said 3.25 so there was no way I would advocate 4 here anyway.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone who's saying leading for 3.5-4$ ?
why so much?
what about a 1/2 pot bet?
Doesnt it accomplish it the same?
just asking

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had an over-pair or set, I'd lead out here for at least $4.00.

I've represented a big pair, and if I'm going to stick a bet out there, I'm going to continue to represent a big pair.

A 1/2 pot bet, IMO looks like I missed with AK or I'm fearful of something. An observant player who saw how I really played AA/KK/QQ/AJ or a set would raise me off my hand with ATC if I made that bet (provided the other players folded).

Finally, it is harder to raise a $4 bet (they'd have to raise to ($10-$14) without a hand or a big draw. There are no big draws. So if I am raised, I know I'm facing a legitimate hand that beats me (J minimum), and it is easier to throw the hand away.

If I check and get bet into on a blank turn, where am I? Do I call? Do I raise? Is it 99 taking a stab at the pot or a J?

I don't want to ask those questions on the turn. Let's define some hands right now on the flop (and keep my aggressive image).
Old 11-08-2007, 11:56 AM

im betting $3.25-$3.50 and folding to a CO shove and maybe folding to an UTG shove although id probably be able to talk myself into a call of that
Closed Thread