Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: [b]Gone Baby Gone[/b]

[ QUOTE ]
*******SPOILERS********

When Affleck is in police custody after the cop dies, the first thing we hear him say is "why would I blow the whistle on a conspiracy that I'm a part of?" Then we find out that the recorded phone call does not exist and that the transcript was fake. At this point were you supposed to think that Affleck was being set up all along and that he was going to take the fall?

They had him read the transcript aloud and record it so that it would seem like he himself was asking for ransom money, they sent the girl's blanket to his address, etc. I didn't quite follow this...Affleck says that he "must have remembered wrong" and they let him go on his way. If he had pressed the issue would he have been in danger of being arrested for the crime?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he let it go because he realized that Doyle (Morgan Freeman) had set him up...not to take the fall, but to believe the police record incoming phone calls so that he'd be an unwitting accomplice to Cheese's murder, as well as the final abduction and fake death of Amanda.

I did have a problem with him putting those pieces together so quickly - I woulda been like, "The goddamned Chief of this Division told me the phone call was recorded and he had me read it aloud...oh, wait."
Old 10-21-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*******SPOILERS********

When Affleck is in police custody after the cop dies, the first thing we hear him say is "why would I blow the whistle on a conspiracy that I'm a part of?" Then we find out that the recorded phone call does not exist and that the transcript was fake. At this point were you supposed to think that Affleck was being set up all along and that he was going to take the fall?

They had him read the transcript aloud and record it so that it would seem like he himself was asking for ransom money, they sent the girl's blanket to his address, etc. I didn't quite follow this...Affleck says that he "must have remembered wrong" and they let him go on his way. If he had pressed the issue would he have been in danger of being arrested for the crime?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he let it go because he realized that Doyle (Morgan Freeman) had set him up...not to take the fall, but to believe the police record incoming phone calls so that he'd be an unwitting accomplice to Cheese's murder, as well as the final abduction and fake death of Amanda.

I did have a problem with him putting those pieces together so quickly - I woulda been like, "The goddamned Chief of this Division told me the phone call was recorded and he had me read it aloud...oh, wait."

[/ QUOTE ]

true true, and i agree with most of what dom said in his review. both bar scenes were awesome. that said,

the music sucked [censored] rat dick
Old 10-21-2007, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*******SPOILERS********

[/ QUOTE ]

No they were simply covering up so the police department didnt take any heat, no one was setting up Casey.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 PM

Was I the only one disapointed by this film?
Old 10-26-2007, 03:52 PM

SPOKERler the girl charcater was stupid. the fact that she left casey in the end wasn't entirely belieavble to me, that she'd leave him over an ethically tough decision made for work. other than that, contrary to most opinions i've read on IMDB i liekd the 2nd half more than the first, the 2nd part had stuffs to think about. the ending = good, interesting
Old 10-26-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SPOKERler the girl charcater was stupid. the fact that she left casey in the end wasn't entirely belieavble to me, that she'd leave him over an ethically tough decision made for work. other than that, contrary to most opinions i've read on IMDB i liekd the 2nd half more than the first, the 2nd part had stuffs to think about. the ending = good, interesting

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2007, 12:57 PM

I was so mad at the girlfriend when she told Patrick she'd hate him for making the decision she didn't agree with.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was I the only one disapointed by this film?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably. Due to Affleck's recent history with film selection I think most of us went into the film with moderate expectations and were pleasantly surprised with the results.

Nice post though. Well worded.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SPOILER!!

I don't know...given her reaction in regards to Casey executing the child molester i thought her reaction to what he did later made perfect sense. And in part his actions prior may have led him to choose to turn in Freeman