Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: was $ left on the table?

Villian in hand two has either the combo diamond flush/gut shot straight draw, or more likely with his bet into the large field on the river KQ of diamonds.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 PM

There is a lot of help in my original description. This guy was not capping on a draw. He felt he was very likely to be in the lead after the flop. From his POV, that would a pretty good evaluation since my raise range had been shown to be 99+ and AT+. He is sure that he has me after the flop. His sincerity caused me to hit the brakes.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a lot of help in my original description. This guy was not capping on a draw. He felt he was very likely to be in the lead after the flop. From his POV, that would a pretty good evaluation since my raise range had been shown to be 99+ and AT+. He is sure that he has me after the flop. His sincerity caused me to hit the brakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

...he has AK then, I don't understand why you want us to play a guessing game w/ you...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:30 PM

Hand 1 I think calldown is appropriate after the turn raise (note I love that you bet out here). Too many likely hands are beating you, but the board is draw heavy and your opponent is prone to overplaying hands, so you can't really fold to another raise unless the heart draw comes in and the caller wakes up.

Hand 2 I think you have to c/r the turn, you've got position to charge the callers 2-cold, which is essential in my opinion on a board that offers several draws (including 2 gutshots straight draws for QJ and J10). The gutshot hands have the odds to call if you don't raise, and these hands are within the (low-end) of the average LAP player's range against an early position raise.

I also think you can raise for value, since it is quite possible you're still ahead. I don't think you can give the villian credit for K9 unless he never caps with less than 2 pair. If he pops you again I think you can go into calldown mode unless a dangerous card comes off on the river.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:25 PM

Hand 1, seems fine, I take the same line and go into call down mode with vilains cap. Bigger 2 pair or set are very likely given his line.

Hand 2, two pair from one of the 3 villains seems likely again, they are not all on flush draws.
Hand 2, I got confused with the action did somebody (2 people?) call 2 bets on the flop after villain caps ?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:44 PM

...he has AK then, I don't understand why you want us to play a guessing game w/ you...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. The "guessing game" does have a point. It's a reminder that our opposition doesn't play the way we do and trying to figure out what we would do in their shoes isn't the way to put our opponents on a hand. I admit I put my Villian on dog breath K9, when he capped me. There was a lesson in it for me, when I saw his hand. Opponents play often makes sense from their POV. And it takes both practice and thought to do a better job of reading hands from that perspective. If you don't find that task important, I'm sorry.