Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: homeless person encounter

[ QUOTE ]
No that was artistic license. He mentioned 2 things and I forgot one of them. What would it be? I wasn't being levelled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mouth wash.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:46 PM

I mentioned mouthwash. It is something else. I am thinking cooking wine.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He was at the concert for one main reason. Its difficult to get alcohol(drugs are easy) into concerts so there are alot of unfinished bottles hidden outside the concert in various nooks and crannies. He searches (he had about 3 bottles up to about half-full when I came across him)for these bottles

[/ QUOTE ]

my brother got caught with a stash of airplane bottles going into a football game one time, and they made him throw them in the trash to go in. Apparently when he left, they were still sitting there on top of the trash so he grabbed them again. I'd imagine that guy finds a lot.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so anyway I come out of the grocery and a homeless old lady rides up on a bicycle (pretty cool I thought for a homeless to have a bike, I mean it was a really crummy bike but good for gettting around), and asks me for change or whatever, and since it was a woman and she was real skinny and since bread was on sale if you bought 2 loaves I had 2 loaves and so I offered her a loaf of bread, she said ok, I kinda shifted and one bag opened and I was like take it, she looked at me and said is that wheat, I said yes (hello, it's bread), and she said oh I can't eat wheat (she elaborated a tiny bit but I can't remember), and pedaled off.

standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok no. Everyone in this thread is wrong. Homeless people that know how to be homeless don't really have trouble getting food. If you offer them something they don't want, then they might think "nah, I will just eat something better later"

Now, there are exceptions to this. Namely, some homeless people are bad at being homeless. What I mean by this is that there are some areas which are better to live in if you are homeless, yet some homeless people will still live in bad areas.

I knew a lot of homeless people because I used to be a squatter. Many of them would live in one Los Angeles for the winter, but when the weather got better, they would go back to san francisco or somewhere else. Others would just stay in LA the whole time. Location selection is crucial for homeless people. Those who have trouble getting food are noobs.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok no. Everyone in this thread is wrong. Homeless people that know how to be homeless don't really have trouble getting food. If you offer them something they don't want, then they might think "nah, I will just eat something better later"

Now, there are exceptions to this. Namely, some homeless people are bad at being homeless. What I mean by this is that there are some areas which are better to live in if you are homeless, yet some homeless people will still live in bad areas.

I knew a lot of homeless people because I used to be a squatter. Many of them would live in one Los Angeles for the winter, but when the weather got better, they would go back to san francisco or somewhere else. Others would just stay in LA the whole time. Location selection is crucial for homeless people. Those who have trouble getting food are noobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

The homeless in Anchorage Alaska tended to freeze to death in the winter months because they were insane. Walmart helped these insane people out by providing them a safe haven to beg as well as a means to use their money to buy things from Walmart and then return them with no questions asked. The homeless that I tried to help in Anchorage always had many boxes of Walmart products in their apartments. This helped them tremendously when it came to survival.

edit - I should mention, that these "apartments" may be provided to some of the homeless by charity. Most of the homeless lived in the parks.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the theist/atheist argument forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was the philosophy forum? Oh I get it theism/atheism are not philosophies.

Speaking of science, i wonder how the OP new tht a person riding up to them on a bike was homeless?

pokervintage
Old 10-12-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the theist/atheist argument forum

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was the philosophy forum? Oh I get it theism/atheism are not philosophies.

Speaking of science, i wonder how the OP new tht a person riding up to them on a bike was homeless?

pokervintage

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv he couldn't know, but indirectly he made an ad hoc hypothesis that it was so. So if the person was in fact homeless or not isn't an issue we need to discuss, and nor is it important to the discussion.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if the person was in fact homeless or not isn't an issue we need to discuss, and nor is it important to the discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the one who determines what or what is not important to this discussion? I'd like to know so that I know who to ask in the future if it is ok to make a comment.

pokervintage
Old 10-12-2007, 06:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So if the person was in fact homeless or not isn't an issue we need to discuss, and nor is it important to the discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the one who determines what or what is not important to this discussion? I'd like to know so that I know who to ask in the future if it is ok to make a comment.

pokervintage

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel a need to be insulted by a non-insulting post then by all means go ahead. If this person is or is not a homeless person is in fact trivial to the discussion at hand, since it was assumed she was - and most of the respective comments after that were about homeless people. If you can't see that, then harp away at it being all-important all you want - no need to ask me.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so anyway I come out of the grocery and a homeless old lady rides up on a bicycle (pretty cool I thought for a homeless to have a bike, I mean it was a really crummy bike but good for gettting around), and asks me for change or whatever, and since it was a woman and she was real skinny and since bread was on sale if you bought 2 loaves I had 2 loaves and so I offered her a loaf of bread, she said ok, I kinda shifted and one bag opened and I was like take it, she looked at me and said is that wheat, I said yes (hello, it's bread), and she said oh I can't eat wheat (she elaborated a tiny bit but I can't remember), and pedaled off.

standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard? No!

But more interestingly is what are you trying to say with your post, and many answers to it, btw? That homeless should not attempt to have a balanced, or suitable, diet?