Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 PM

Default The Jackpot \"Setup\" Rag

I can't take it anymore and need to vent. I play live, Commerce and Hawaiian Gardens. I would like to think that about every issue except this one, I try to be the nice guy. But people that ask for new setup during 2x or 10x Jackpot times DRIVE ME NUTS!!!

I start by politely asking the player to withdraw their request. When they ask why, I've developed an explanation that I think is accurate and makes sense.

I tell the player, look, Jackpots are like lottery tickets. Most tickets are trash, but if someone offered you "free" or "more" lottery tickets tickets would you turn them back simply because you probably won't win? Or is each and every ticket valuable? During double jackpot time, we are getting twice the normal number of lottery tickets for each hand we play. If we use that limited duobel jackpot time to prepare two new decks we get fewer lottery tickets because we play fewer hands, understand? And it's get worse (sir/ma'am). When you ask for a setup during these limited times, you are not only burning your extra lottery tickets, you are burning MINE and those of everyone else at the table. Do you understand that? That is why I have a right to be upset at your request. You are burning my lottery tickets and I don't like it. You didn't get my permission to do that. Get it?

They get it. They'll even admit it's stupid. They go ahead anyway.

Don't bother trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig! Or in this case, to quote Shrek: It annoys the "DONKEY!"
Old 10-04-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: The Jackpot \"Setup\" Rag

Zzz..
Old 10-04-2007, 06:07 PM

suicide is painless
Old 10-04-2007, 06:08 PM

oh i get it