Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 03:04 PM

Default What\'s your play? 10/20 bizarre

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1550924

Sealey is pretty aggresive and only playing one table (usually translate to more aggression I think). He is a competent player for sure. I don't know his 3-bet range, but I do know he 3-bets fairly often. He was stacked about 10 hands before.

What do you guys do here.. clearly its a way ahead way behind situation. Does he do this with air ever, or make a desperate 'show me better' push with kings?

This is just bizarre. I don't know what else to say. I opted for fold because I'd rather just dump my 700 from preflop on the rare rare occasions I fold here than put in another grand with practically no equity.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Re: What\'s your play? 10/20 bizarre

i think i would have called because i do think hes capable of pushing with a wide range here. he committed 700 of his 1800 stack preflop. with him being stacked recently he could be tilty too. from my experience people dont put that much money in pre flop in omaha and then go down without a fight.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:22 PM

I don't mind the fold, but its hard to put him on a ten. The typical play with a TTT is to check this to the preflop 4better, since its a relatively safe flop for overpairs and one bet on the flop committs stacks.

I can't really put the opponent on a hand though, unless its a weak AAxx wanting to see a safe flop, which is the only other hand that I see him turning over after this donk shove.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:29 PM

oh yeah AAxx didn't even cross my mind, though it definately should have.

I think though he would still check call in the off chance that I have 4-bet kk** or nothing. Thats what I'd do if I had AAxx in his spot anyway.

Definately agree the standard line is check call for a flopped TTT. I just wonder if he is thinking I might check AAxx there because its so dry. Its just so odd.

I mean its such a bad bluff.. that it looks like there is no way he could be bluffing. He raised the next 5 hands after this and Later I asked what he had and he just gave me some smart comment. That kind of leads me to beleive he had it, he might flaunt the bluff a little and usually after a big bluff people dont go aggro on you.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 PM

Call, maybe ha have a Ten but many people would check to us unless he plays mind games and push with the goods...Basically the pot is too big i dont like to make big fold and i rather pay off when he have the ten than risking making stupid folds here.
I dont really mind a fold though and i would fold this sometimes but if im not sure what to do my default is to call. In this type of situations the better the player the more i call this. VS Sealys i _might_ fold this, not that he is bad or anything but i think its fits with his game style to be shoving with a ten here.

Also, I dont know how you play but i may 4bet without aces
from time to time against a (unusually wide) 3better so he its not totally out of the question for someone to shove kings, or a bluff, vs me in this situation.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:50 PM

He had the other two aces. It's exactly the play I would make. Soon as I know it's AA vs AA I just call preflop and pot bet out any flop. As others stated, if he had a ten, he check calls all in.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:59 PM

Maybe theres some element of 10/20 I'm missing here, but how on Earth can you ever ever fold here.

Honestly I think you just cost your self 500+ dollars in equity here, because if he had the ten he'd check and call your all in every time, because thats your obvious move on this flop. I just can't imagine how folding here is ever the correct play vs the opponents range.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM

Hmm, think this is Connor tate, v v good player, think he did well in the WSOP ME a couple of years ago so definatly someone to be respected, as for the hand i think i would call here as i cant put him on a T here that often, although i wouldnt like to put a % on it - its one of those he knows that you know that he....... situations
Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe theres some element of 10/20 I'm missing here, but how on Earth can you ever ever fold here.

Honestly I think you just cost your self 500+ dollars in equity here, because if he had the ten he'd check and call your all in every time, because thats your obvious move on this flop. I just can't imagine how folding here is ever the correct play vs the opponents range.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is really no difference between checking and calling with a ten here. the board is so dry that aces might check behind the flop here. The obvious move is to check a ten so pushing should be a bluff, but once we know that you can start pushing a ten and there is not much difference.

The difference is , i think, is that we could have ace high or something like 5678 here so if he pushes into us we have to fold. He would then miss value from we bluffing but gains value from AA that might check behind this dry board...

also risking giving a free card in this big pot cost you a bit of equity.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:09 PM

hmmmmm, if sealey checked, would you have bet?