Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-24-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Commerce attempts 6/12 revival

"
I was there, she's not Filipina, she's vietnamese.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I was the "geezer" (comparatively speaking) on her immediate right.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:01 PM

Commerce has to try something with what I am assuming is a dying $9-18 game, leaving minimal link between $4-8 LHE and $20-40 LHE. I say assuming because I have no actual knowledge that the $9-18 at Commerce is dying. I assume it is because I've been playing the $8-16 game with 1/2 kill at Hawaiian Gardens the past couple weekends and I have seen at least 8 former Commerce $9-18 regulars in the games at HG. So I'm assuming post rake increase that Commerce is down to 4 or so $9-18 games on weekend evenings. I could be wrong.

Anyway, I've played four sessions the past couple weekends at HG. The games are amazing. The action is not necessarily insane, but a couple of the players actually drool as their knuckles drag. Seriously, I have not seen a single winning player in that game in any of the sessions I played. There is one guy that played previously in the Commerce $9-18 that might be a break even player(He plays correctly preflop, but hes way too passive post flop).

Anyway, case in point.......

I raise in MP2 after one limper with KQo. The remaining field and blinds call as does the limper. I yell to the next table and ask if anyone there wants to call also. Flop is a dreamy Q84r. I bet, one fold, remaining players call. Turn is a Q. I fire again. Guy behind me raises. I 3 town. He calls. Everyone else folded. River is a J. I check, guy bets, I raise, he calls w/ Q2o.

Another case in point....The field limps. I raise A4h OTB. Flop is utter garbage for me 1084 with one heart. Checked to me and I check behind. Turn is the K of heart. BB bets out, 3 callers to me. I call, sb calls. 6 to the river. River is a brick heart. SB leads. Field folds. I raise SB 3 bets. I 4 bet, sb 5 bets, I six bet, sb calls. I show the nuts.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise A4h OTB. Flop is utter garbage for me 1084 with one heart. Checked to me and I check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, bet that [censored].
Old 09-25-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I've played four sessions the past couple weekends at HG. The games are amazing. The action is not necessarily insane, but a couple of the players actually drool as their knuckles drag. Seriously, I have not seen a single winning player in that game in any of the sessions I played. There is one guy that played previously in the Commerce $9-18 that might be a break even player(He plays correctly preflop, but hes way too passive post flop).

[/ QUOTE ]

so would you say the HG 8/16 is better than the commerce 9/18?

I haven't played in a over 6 months and I'm looking to get back into a game ~10/20. What is the juiciest in LA right now?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played in a over 6 months and I'm looking to get back into a game ~10/20. What is the juiciest in LA right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

HG is the best damn poker room in LA especially $8-$16, its juicy as hell and if get into a tight table, u can always move to 6 other tables. Dont waste ur time on Commerce its way overrated.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise A4h OTB. Flop is utter garbage for me 1084 with one heart. Checked to me and I check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, bet that [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck at posting. I had no pair and no draw on the flop. In previous hands, when I bet on the flop, at most one player would fold.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What don't you understand aboutNO WINNING PLAYERS?

Plus its cheaper than the Commerce $9-18. BTW, this is weekend evenings. I dunno about weekdays.

[ QUOTE ]
HG is the best damn poker room in LA especially $8-$16, its juicy as hell and if get into a tight table, u can always move to 6 other tables. Dont waste ur time on Commerce its way overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much. Commerce is nicer, but I can't imagine the $9-18 with the increased drop is all that great anymore. The only problem I see is that the $15-30 at HG has been populated with a few very good players and a couple more decent players. I don't get why these guys keep banging head with each other since there are MUCH softer spots at the HP $15-30 and Commerce $20-40. Anyway, just learn to play Omaha. If the $8-16 LHE at HG stinks, the Omaha is such a fishfest.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce has to try something with what I am assuming is a dying $9-18 game, leaving minimal link between $4-8 LHE and $20-40 LHE. I say assuming because I have no actual knowledge that the $9-18 at Commerce is dying. I assume it is because I've been playing the $8-16 game with 1/2 kill at Hawaiian Gardens the past couple weekends and I have seen at least 8 former Commerce $9-18 regulars in the games at HG. So I'm assuming post rake increase that Commerce is down to 4 or so $9-18 games on weekend evenings. I could be wrong.

Anyway, case in point.......

I raise in MP2 after one limper with KQo. The remaining field and blinds call as does the limper. I yell to the next table and ask if anyone there wants to call also. Flop is a dreamy Q84r. I bet, one fold, remaining players call. Turn is a Q. I fire again. Guy behind me raises. I 3 town. He calls. Everyone else folded. River is a J. I check, guy bets, I raise, he calls w/ Q2o.

Another case in point....The field limps. I raise A4h OTB. Flop is utter garbage for me 1084 with one heart. Checked to me and I check behind. Turn is the K of heart. BB bets out, 3 callers to me. I call, sb calls. 6 to the river. River is a brick heart. SB leads. Field folds. I raise SB 3 bets. I 4 bet, sb 5 bets, I six bet, sb calls. I show the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Commerce is getting in trouble for raising their rake. Hawaiian gardens didnt follow suit when commerce raised their rake at the beginning of the year, and now the commerce is losing players because of it. Competition is a beautiful thing!

A great example is the 10/20 NL and 60/120 limit scene in LA. I suspect over time Hawaiian Gardens will steal more and more of the market share for these games from the Commerce (who previously had a monopoly at these limits).
Old 09-25-2007, 06:22 PM

The commerce 9-18 game had 6-7 games going this past weekend. That's one or two tables less than I've seen in the past, but I wouldn't say it's dying. The 6-12 had two or four games.

The reason the 6-12 game has revived is because they lumped the jackpot in with the 9 and 15 games. (The 15 game, after getting going for a couple weeks, at player requests, looks to have died again because it was the tightest freakin game in the building when it went.)

The 6 jackpot used to be joined to the 3 and 4 games, while 9 and (the nonexistent) 15 were lumped in with the NL jackpot games (100, 200, and 400?) The top limit of each tier has the tightest games, and I guess 6-12 was viewed as the top limit of the low-limit games, with 9 and 15 being mid-low-limit. Many, if not most, of these players are VERY jackpot conscious. (I've seen players leave the 20-40 game to go play 9-18 or even, in one case, 4-8, because the jackpot was larger than normal and, "It's double jackpot time.")

Since the jackpot for the low limits is much smaller, people weren't going to play 6-12 for the same jackpot as 3-6 and 4-8.

When they joined the 6 game with the 9 and 15, and broke the NL games off into their own jackpot pool, many of the 4-8 players who didn't have enough money to play the 9 game moved up to play 6-12 with its larger jackpot. The jackpot is larger and you're only competing with the 9-18 tables to hit it.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When they joined the 6 game with the 9 and 15, and broke the NL games off into their own jackpot pool, many of the 4-8 players who didn't have enough money to play the 9 game moved up to play 6-12 with its larger jackpot. The jackpot is larger and you're only competing with the 9-18 tables to hit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you saying the 9/18 games are staying constant? Or are the weak 9/18 players moving to the 6/12?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is great as we need a limit in between teh 4 and the 8-9 games in so cal

[/ QUOTE ]

God no, my fish might move down!