Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 AM

Default WTF Toto?

This hand came up earlier this evening in a 50/100 HORSE game on FTP during the holdem section. 5 players at the time, Toto Leonidas is the small blind. PPL in game are playing loose, not too well, I am not running good and ppl are generally not folding against me.

I pick up A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and open raise UTG, next guy calls in CO, both blinds call.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]: (400) Toto and BB check, I bet, CO raises, Toto 3bets, BB calls, I cap, Everyone calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]: (1200) Toto bets, BB calls, I call, CO calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]: (1600) Toto bets, BB folds, I call, CO calls.

I guess I was a bit confused on the flop on what exactly to do so I just capped it knowing that these guys can show up with a lot of random hands, draws and jacks at this table and no one necessarily has a set. The turn I was considering folding if the BB or CO raised. Does anybody regularly fold TPTK in spots like this, especially against an assortment of weaker villains?
Old 09-07-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: WTF Toto?

>>WTF Toto?<< Well, your not in kansas anymore...

Interesting hand. Any thought to raising the turn?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:10 PM

Looks kind of like KJ/QJ that fears some retarded free card play by you. Could also be a set or 5d4d. I don't see how you can fold here unless it's 2 cold to you on the turn.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:03 AM

nicely played
Old 09-08-2007, 03:14 PM

Raising the turn did cross my mind, but at the time it felt spewy. The value in raising the turn would be in charging diamond draws and weaker jacks an extra big bet, but it seems like these players would fold a weaker jack on the turn facing a raise so I didnt think the protection+value:spew ratio was in favor of raising. Getting 3 bet on the turn would have been a difficult spot as well, but I suppose I would probably have folded.

In retrospect I don't think raising the turn is such a bad idea, since it does look like he has one of the hands you mention Leader. I guess after I capped the flop and he lead the turn I figured Toto to be pretty strong and there to be another AJ out there or perhaps something more powerful.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:51 PM

I think theres nothin wrong with this... def dont fold in this pot at any point even if villain wasnt toto (hes spewtarded correct?)... unless for 2 cold on turn or river obviously
Old 09-09-2007, 03:42 PM

Results:
Toto had J9 of clubs and CO had AJ, threeway chop.